• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

does anyone make, or know were to get stiffeners like Marcuso had?

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
R
I'm going to assume you mean these? Last I heard, Marcuso had quit making them but you could always make them yourself ... Arctic Cat extrusions and a good Tig/Mig set-up and it'd be cake. I can take some close-up pics for ya if it'd help ;)

SmittysDropBrackets2.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0584-1.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

MarcusoExtrusions-Small.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

N
Jan 15, 2009
mpls. mn
thanks for the replies so far, i appreciate it.

i'm just searching for some options.

is there a company that makes 90* brackets? similar to the doo " footrest kit"? i have trimmed my stock boards, so...... i guess i'm going to need something custom. it has to be on the outside as i have a 16" track that seems to wonder. any and all advice is appreciated! thanks, Nate

btw, i have snow eliminators already, thanks!

N
Jan 15, 2009
mpls. mn
dude, those pics are awesome!!!

i'm afraid that i'm going to have to have it custom made as my rail is modified :(

can you please tell me what sled those extrusions are from? what model A/C do i order? thanks a bunch! Nate

Last edited:
R
dude, those pics are awesome!!!

i'm afraid that i'm going to have to have it custom made as my rail is modified :(

can you please tell me what sled those extrusions are from? what model A/C do i order? thanks a bunch! Nate

Wish I could help you with the model AC they came off ... I have no idea though. You might PM Marcuso though ... I'm sure he'd be able to help you out with some info. Just curious, did you post on DooTalk asking about reinforcements for a "modified" tunnel ... from MN?

K.Materi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
05 and 06 M series and Crossfires. I have a used set laying around if you want them. Just pm me and I can send pictures.

N
Jan 15, 2009
mpls. mn
Wish I could help you with the model AC they came off ... I have no idea though. You might PM Marcuso though ... I'm sure he'd be able to help you out with some info. Just curious, did you post on DooTalk asking about reinforcements for a "modified" tunnel ... from MN?

ok, thanks for all the info guys... yup, thats me, "over rev"

i wish i could weld aluminum.... i might have to make something out od metal :(

i just didn't think it all the way thru, haha

i'll try to load up some pics ;)

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
The tunnel rolls can be ordered through any Arctic Cat dealership. I used the Kingcat, but the M series 151 and longer track work also. The newer M style sleds have even a beefier tunnel edge, and should also work. Snow eliminators or equivalent are not a problem and will work together with it.
Best thing is to order the tunnel rolls, use a compound mitre saw, and fit them yourself. Go to your favorite welder, with them on the sled the way you want them positioned, and he can tack it together, and take it off and weld it up for ya..
(just to be safe, unplug your MPEM module while welding)

Let me know if you need rivets, and I can steer you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.:D

M

Reactions: Reeb
R

Dude ... What were you thinking there? That's going to complicate matters a bit :eek:

Headshake.gif

The tunnel rolls can be ordered through any Arctic Cat dealership. I used the Kingcat, but the M series 151 and longer track work also. The newer M style sleds have even a beefier tunnel edge, and should also work. Snow eliminators or equivalent are not a problem and will work together with it.
Best thing is to order the tunnel rolls, use a compound mitre saw, and fit them yourself. Go to your favorite welder, with them on the sled the way you want them positioned, and he can tack it together, and take it off and weld it up for ya..
(just to be safe, unplug your MPEM module while welding)

Let me know if you need rivets, and I can steer you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.:D

M

Thanks for clarifying ... I get asked all the time about the rail-extrusions. I'm glad I got them before you decided to retire (wasn't it a Darko conflict???) :D

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Thanks for clarifying ... I get asked all the time about the rail-extrusions. I'm glad I got them before you decided to retire (wasn't it a Darko conflict???) :D

Actually I just couldn't find the time to make them on the side. It was more work than I thought with packaging, shipping, marketing...
As for the conflict, well there wasn't really one IMO. It wasn't like the fore-said person thought up the original idea anyways.:rolleyes::D

N
Jan 15, 2009
mpls. mn
Premium Features