• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DIY Intake...

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
hey

I am running the bdx intake, and recently did this after talking to someone that has done it several times with no problems. I can see it getting packed with snow, but we will see. Tim

Picture 052.jpg

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
I did drill mine out when I put the snow pro air box on and the only time that there isn't snow packed in the bulkhead right there is when I let it sit in the shop.

KJP

It also runs just fine with frogskins on the front stock hood vents- Mine runs great this way. I don't see any need to drill out the bulkhead.

F

FrostBite2010

Jan 9, 2010
Haines, Alaska
Working Well...

Rode today, intake worked flawlessly in 2 foot of fresh powder. I didn't seem to have any issues with the vents icing up. I kept the stock can on today (0-3000). I did this because I was worried about it being too lean at low elevation. Checked piston wash 5-6 times, seemed good through all rpm ranges. Hoping to have time to ride tomorrow and see if its any different with the SuperQ. I'm definitely going to vent the hood well, just in case I ever do have an icing issue it can draw from the top, with vents it would at least be cold air.

FYI I'm not sure why, but my sled seems to run extremely rich compared to a few others that I have rode with, I'm sure I can get away with the stinger and intake. Dunno why mine is different.

F

FrostBite2010

Jan 9, 2010
Haines, Alaska
Working Great...

I've been out three times now in at least 2 foot fresh powder and no bogging issues yet. Even with the superQ I haven't noticed it running too lean without a fuel controller. It also seems to have picked up a little throttle response. Likely on account of the sled being so rich before...

I wasn't too worried about the bullk head getting weak from this...some of you may. I think it was well worth it.

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
As mentioned above, I also had a 05' Snopro Mod 800. It had the bulkhead cutout in 2 long rectangular holes in the same place you drilled your holes. I had no issues with it & never heard of anyone having a problem either.

Premium Features