• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Detonation code

K

Klimbing Kitty

2020 patriot with a set of Slp twins in it. I keep getting maximum detonation code. Is anyone else having this problem. It is usually when I back of throttle in a long pull. Not enough fuel on decel? Bad set sensor? Any input appreciated. Will call Slp tomorrow and just make sure map sent to me is for right elevation

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
You might have too much octane, isn't it tuned for 91. Higher octane is harder to ignite. Like your saying it dets on decel. Might not be igniting fuel loaded cyls on the slower strokes and causing an odd rhythm? Did you drain all the 94 + 110 before the 91 was tried?
I'm just guessing
Like he said make sure your not rubbing, check your motor mounts, when you load the engine they don't rub

C

Cracker

Nov 26, 2007
Idaho, Boise
are
2020 patriot with a set of Slp twins in it. I keep getting maximum detonation code. Is anyone else having this problem. It is usually when I back of throttle in a long pull. Not enough fuel on decel? Bad set sensor? Any input appreciated. Will call Slp tomorrow and just make sure map sent to me is for right elevation
Are you running stock head?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Are you thinking that if the pipes are rubbing the harmonics are setting it off?
That can definitely happen.
Discovered that with my big bore 910 in my 2013 chassis.

Replaced mounts and trimmed a big bur off the bulkhead under the pipe. No more DET issues.

Premium Features