• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Determining the value of a Highly Customized Mod-Sled??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
No chance on parting it out.
It will go whole to someone at a good price before my snow checked viper arrives next fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
It's an interesting discussion. I bought an MCX270HP Nytro a couple of years ago for $11,500. Probably had $25,000-$30,000 in it. I really like riding that sled. Had one $40 voltage regulator and one $70 belt blow in 2 light years of riding it. Lots of fun in deep snow. I have a Cat 1100T that I have been the "fool" on and have a metric f ton of money in it. It's a better sled than the Nytro but not 3 times as good. I wonder about all the guys getting Vipers and doing the same thing. I saw the Robertson Yamaha quote of $33,000 for a long track higher HP Viper and that didn't include any of the LW parts or suspension a 4 stroke sled needs to be really fun to ride. Those are going to be the next money pit sled.
So back on topic I would put $12,500 on it, and be ready to sell it a little cheaper. It really is a beautiful sled and someone is going to appreciate all the detail work you have put into it. Also, see if you can find a way to sell it into Russia. Those guys are going nuts sledding and have tons of cash to actually blow. Would be more popular on the Eastern Front if you had powder coated everything Red though.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
It's an interesting discussion. I bought an MCX270HP Nytro a couple of years ago for $11,500. Probably had $25,000-$30,000 in it. I really like riding that sled. Had one $40 voltage regulator and one $70 belt blow in 2 light years of riding it. Lots of fun in deep snow. I have a Cat 1100T that I have been the "fool" on and have a metric f ton of money in it. It's a better sled than the Nytro but not 3 times as good. I wonder about all the guys getting Vipers and doing the same thing. I saw the Robertson Yamaha quote of $33,000 for a long track higher HP Viper and that didn't include any of the LW parts or suspension a 4 stroke sled needs to be really fun to ride. Those are going to be the next money pit sled.
So back on topic I would put $12,500 on it, and be ready to sell it a little cheaper. It really is a beautiful sled and someone is going to appreciate all the detail work you have put into it. Also, see if you can find a way to sell it into Russia. Those guys are going nuts sledding and have tons of cash to actually blow. Would be more popular on the Eastern Front if you had powder coated everything Red though.

Spring checked Viper add 2k for turbo (plus installation). Only other thing it might need is skis. I didn't see that as a ton of money....not like my S/C Nytro was.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

I wouldn't know the first thing about selling a sled into Eastern Europe.??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Spring checked Viper add 2k for turbo (plus installation). Only other thing it might need is skis. I didn't see that as a ton of money....not like my S/C Nytro was.
Same Here.
I do NOT see myself investing the big buck in a never ending list of mods to the new Viper. Hopefully it is a good enough sled that most of the little "Fixes" we have had to do to the Nytros simply will not be needed.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c

its really no diff with a 2 stroke other than they are a little lighter to start,turbo kits are on the most part now more for the 2s.they are almost unridable without a good skid,although some of the new coupling kits make a cheap option & you can throw just as much money at them.the new viper chassi does not need much to help it,it is so well balanced to start with.it rides great in stock form,just ad a kiss kit from zbros & a ajustable rear skid shock & it will be good to go for 90% of the people out there.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Famous last words guys. A $2000 turbo is what 180hp? My d/ck has at least 180hp and as much as that sled weighs you are gonna need at least 250hp to really get around when its deep. Shocks, skid, Airframes, bars, bumpers, clutching and on and on.....

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Famous last words guys. A $2000 turbo is what 180hp? My d/ck has at least 180hp and as much as that sled weighs you are gonna need at least 250hp to really get around when its deep. Shocks, skid, Airframes, bars, bumpers, clutching and on and on.....

Hey, let me enjoy the dream for the summer!! :face-icon-small-hap
The moding will come soon enough..

M
Jan 14, 2004

I'm with you on this one. Funny thing how almost all the guys who bought 180 MCX Nytro kits come on here wondering how to pump up the boost 3 weeks after they installed the kits.

M5

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I dunno..
I am running 9.5lbs of boost and she sure doesn't feel like she NEEDS more.

Not that there aren't a few times when I would have turned down more.
But it was a rare hill climb that I had to turn out of and bail because I ran out of power.

I think this was the only climb of the year I had to turn out of for lack of power.
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fCE5W6-x7Ig?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c

wow it must take allot out of yah to carry that d/ck around no wonder your sled feels heavy:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap
like i said it will be good for most people ie peps that ride stock sleds they make up 80% of the riders out there.not sure if you guys have tried one but i have & was surprised by it,i would have no prob riding it day in day out in stock form with the mpi 180hp kit & no mods it was a fun sled.as for the shocks, skid,airframes,bars,bumpers,clutching and on and on,people do that on all sleds not just the 4 strokes so thats a mute point.
i sat down this year & seriously looked at building a turbo poo & a turbo viper cost was close but in the end the viper was cheaper for me to build because i got a better deal on the viper.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Chassis/handling wise what's the difference between a Cat 1100T and a Viper? Weight?

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com

It is very amusing to go to the demo rides and hear **** like this....then hear guys rave when they return. Here's a novel idea, go ride one so you actually have an opinion of value?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Chassis/handling wise what's the difference between a Cat 1100T and a Viper? Weight?

i have never spent much time on the 1100t but from what i remember the front end felt lighter & seemed better balanced on the viper.the motor feel diff too,the 1100t has smoother power but not as snappy as the viper,its power comes on harder if that makes sense.

D

Drifter

Dec 16, 2007
It is very amusing to go to the demo rides and hear **** like this....then hear guys rave when they return. Here's a novel idea, go ride one so you actually have an opinion of value?

180 HP isnt enough on the Viper I wasnt impressed at all with the 180 Kit. Your viper band wagon bull**** is getting so old.

Sorry Chris your Nytro isnt worth much more then 8.5k. Sleds are brutal when it comes time to sell them. Anybody done the math and and figured out if its better to leave them stock and trade them in every year on a new one? Thats what I have been doing latly seems to work out good.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
180 HP isnt enough on the Viper I wasnt impressed at all with the 180 Kit. Your viper band wagon bull**** is getting so old.

Sorry Chris your Nytro isnt worth much more then 8.5k. Sleds are brutal when it comes time to sell them. Anybody done the math and and figured out if its better to leave them stock and trade them in every year on a new one? Thats what I have been doing latly seems to work out good.

You ride a stock sled and the 180 hp Viper isn't enough? Ummm.....

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Only time will tell.
But by Fall I will probably find out what Nytrocity is really worth to the right person.

ATVPT

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
www.youtube.com
Take the book value of the stock sled and hope for 30% additional for all mods.

Sad to say because your sled is freaking cool.

Much better off taking all the goodies off and getting sled back to stock to sell then sell or keep some of the goodies for the viper. It will sell better stock because people who mod sleds want to modify it to their tastes not yours.

I have had my rear suspension in 3 different sleds now, just makes sense to keep moving it and make it work. (ie your Kmod)

Lastly your labor is worthless too, so is mine, we do as a labor of love haha Good luck cant wait for reviews of the new Viper.

I am going through the same thing and I would sell mine today for $8500, then I am done with sledding................

2012 Yamaha FX Turbo Nytro MTX 162
For Sale $8,500.00

Read more: http://www.atvptforum.com/thread/48...ytro-sale?page=1&scrollTo=34421#ixzz30sQTGbS2

Premium Features