• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dealer told me today that all snowchecks are being shipping mid December

R
Feb 13, 2021
My dealer just told me that the Matryx 650 155" electric start I have coming is scheduled to be here in March. Sucks that our season is pretty much done in March, but to be a dealer right now would really suck.
Holy Cow
I called around and I have a dealer that said they have an 850 Matryx that a guy back out of, i might just cancel mine and pick that up

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
I ordered RMK Matryx Slash N/A 165 2.75 in purple. I received no email.
Checked with dealer, he was able to bring up the snowchecks from that dealership. Found mine on the list and it says Shipping sometime in January. There were 6 or so that said February, and another 6 or so that said March.
So if it shows before the December 15 dateline from the well circulated dealer email, I guess that's a bonus. Riding starts here generally end of November. Central Idaho here.
Not very happy about January delivery. This dealership has received one Khaos Slash N/A so far.
Darn it. I’m Washington state and was just told mid December ship by for my 165 maytrx khaos slash na. Dealer has already received a couple 155 maytrx slash na

B

Boosted Billy Goat

Oct 5, 2021
Thunder Bay, Ontario
My 155 khaos boost is to ship by dec 15 as well, up to Canada. There is no way Polaris is going to ship sleds out in March for any customers. That’s ridiculous, they might as well be 2023’s then. I wouldn’t even accept a sled under those conditions and they know that would be a huge PR failure. Won’t happen. Have faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: YukonAce
D
Dec 15, 2020
My 155 khaos boost is to ship by dec 15 as well, up to Canada. There is no way Polaris is going to ship sleds out in March for any customers. That’s ridiculous, they might as well be 2023’s then. I wouldn’t even accept a sled under those conditions and they know that would be a huge PR failure. Won’t happen. Have faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly i wouldn't except it after Jan 10

• Sad
Reactions: astofooroff
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I wouldn't take it after Xmas. We have some great pre-XMas rides here and some fun break-in runs late November.
Given the current state of the world....a better way to think about it might be "do I need/want a new sled sometime in 2021/2022......period."

If the answer is "yes", then the best/smartest time to buy is "when it's available," and not "when it fits my ideal riding schedule."

You could bail on a 2022 SC....SC this spring again, and be playing the same game this time 2022....any manufacturer. Then you've screwed up 2 riding seasons.

We have ZERO evidence to say there won't be similar supply issues through 2022. No one knows how long this will all go on, but we already know it won't be wrapped up 1st or 2nd quarter of the coming year. So the smart bet is that shipping/manufacturing challenges will not be absent by this time next year. I sure HOPE they will be....but hope in one hand, sh!t in the other and see which fills up first LOL

Last edited:

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Polaris snochecked over 40,000 sleds for 22. If you back out of your sled the dealers won't care they will sell it in a heartbeat. Jay is right we will see the same mess next year. Have any of you seen the side by side mess 4-6 months to get one.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Given the current state of the world....a better way to think about it might be "do I need/want a new sled sometime in 2021/2022......period."

If the answer is "yes", then the best/smartest time to buy is "when it's available," and not "when it fits my ideal riding schedule."

You could bail on a 2022 SC....SC this spring again, and be playing the same game this time 2022....any manufacturer. Then you've screwed up 2 riding seasons.

We have ZERO evidence to say there won't be similar supply issues through 2022. No one knows how long this will all go on, but we already know it won't be wrapped up 1st or 2nd quarter of the coming year. So the smart bet is that shipping/manufacturing challenges will not be absent by this time next year. I sure HOPE they will be....but hope in one hand, sh!t in the other and see which fills up first LOL
I guess if you don't have an option. I wouldn't sell my sleds until I had new ones. Ours are all here, so I just sold our 21's. If I didn't have options, yes, take what/when you can get.

C
Dec 14, 2020
Yeah I am trying to decide if I find a last year leftover or if I wait it out. I don't have a snowmobile, as I am getting back into it from a few years off.

In this market, if you want to ride tomorrow go grab a $5-8k used sled. Ride it until your snowcheck shows up and you can sell it without a loss. It's not ideal, but it gets you riding. A day on a $5k Pro is better than a day sitting inside waiting.

After the last few years of snowchecks being late shipping, anyone who is dependent on a snowcheck to show up to ride is just being obtuse.

Anyone who backs out of their 22, only to snowcheck a 23 is just asking for it. Lord knows it'll be the same story all over again!

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
In this market, if you want to ride tomorrow go grab a $5-8k used sled. Ride it until your snowcheck shows up and you can sell it without a loss. It's not ideal, but it gets you riding. A day on a $5k Pro is better than a day sitting inside waiting.

After the last few years of snowchecks being late shipping, anyone who is dependent on a snowcheck to show up to ride is just being obtuse.

Anyone who backs out of their 22, only to snowcheck a 23 is just asking for it. Lord knows it'll be the same story all over again!

Another thing to consider is that inflation has been increasing at a rapid rate, you might be spending $1500 more for the exact same sled next yr... Inflation has went up 6% since we locked our prices in this spring, I expect it to only keep going higher.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Sled has been shipped. May have the beast home in a week or so :) Khaos slash 165 x 2.75.
A little clutching, re-valving, limiter strap mod, and a few bags, - then just wait on snow to get 'er broke in.

Reactions: Let it go
Premium Features