• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cutting down rear axle?

brokenbones4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
wow havent seen this thread in awhile, glad to hear it helps. well its been more than a season of hard riding and not a single problem here!

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
So, do you have to cut down an 04 Ski-Doo axle with a lathe?

Yes (they are thicker on one side). I'll also point out that the pre-05' axles are thicker and stronger than the newer axles and there is NO WAY NO HOW that I would go 2 wheels on the newer weak axles.

I have done my own (buddy has a lathe and machine shop) and bought the end caps from Smitty. If you don't have a lathe then just buy his kit. He's a great guy to deal with. I also have one of his anodized offset axle kits - very nice!

Have FUN!

G MAN

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
Yes (they are thicker on one side). I'll also point out that the pre-05' axles are thicker and stronger than the newer axles and there is NO WAY NO HOW that I would go 2 wheels on the newer weak axles.

I have done my own (buddy has a lathe and machine shop) and bought the end caps from Smitty. If you don't have a lathe then just buy his kit. He's a great guy to deal with. I also have one of his anodized offset axle kits - very nice!

Have FUN!

G MAN
Thanks G-Man I'll get wit Smitty. As for you ,You have Fun!!!

Premium Features