• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cutting down rear axle?

brokenbones4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
ok i have the pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

brokenbones4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
i am thinking about getting some new wheels, but i dont really want to spend $150 on billet wheels, slydog makes some for $50, any opinions?

brokenbones4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
mostly its for better side hilling and cornering, but you also save weight, not enough to care about but it looks good to, i think the bolts will fit the other way, thanks for noticing boondocker! i wasnt really paying attention to that when i slapped it together.

Last edited:

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
Is there a different width with different sleds? Because I cut my axle today to 9 inches and it came up quite short. My track is a 163. Does that make a difference?

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
Nope, I was wrong. 9 inches does the trick. My skid was flexed out a little before I tightened the end bolts of the axle. Looks great. I wish it had only taken me a half hour like someone mentioned before!

K

keeton

Nov 26, 2007
Clarkston WA
will an arctic cat axle work for ski doos or is the doo axle longer, I just bought one for my M7 for $20 on bd-xtreme.com, would be nice so i could put it on my rev

D

Dave.H

Jan 9, 2009
I have a mountain machine billet axle and billet wheels off a M7 will they fit a 09 XP?

B
Nov 16, 2008
I bought a smittys axle kit and billet wheels from trickedtoys.com and they do very good work, completely satisfied with the wheels.

IMG00567.jpg IMG00570.jpg

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
so i was hanging out in the garage today looking over my sled and decided to cut my axle down, i must say it was a pretty easy job, cut the axle to 8 7/8" then drill and tap one end. cut the spacer to 4 1/4" then i took some 2" aluminum flat bar and drilled a 1/2 inch hole in the center for a washer on the outside of the rails, ill get some pics up in a day or so

Did mine today! Well Skibreeze did it for me :rolleyes:

Was about to buy a kit but this was easy and didn't take that much time at all.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

.............and thanks for making it happen SkiB :beer;

Premium Features