• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Question on an 04 800 HO

K

KEPT ENT.

Hey all, I pulled apart my primary tonight to do some service and found some odd washers in the channel where the buttons are. One is missing and I am not sure if there was one there to start. Has anyone seen these before? I assume that they might be some sort of balancing system??? Any advice would be great!!

Thanks
Kyle

IMG00053-20110203-2040.jpg

for balancing

Those are weights to balance the clutch. Each clutch is different and could have one or two in there. I guess it just depends how the mold came out. I've never opened a clutch that didn't have at least one of them in there. Just be careful that they don't come out on you when you clean or service your clutch. They should be locked in there pretty good though.

-C

clutch

Like Colby said they are weights to balance the clutch. But also in are group we have 3 revs and come to find out only one clutch was even close to being balanced. I suggest taking the clutch in to a good machine shop and have them check the balance. We found they are not balanced very well.

They are the balance weights as others have stated. Just make sure when putting the clutch back together you align it will all the marks on the inner and outer halves.

Thanks for all the help guys! I have never seen those before, are they a standard thing? Most that I have seen balanced were just drilled in spots.

Premium Features

Back