• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Checking interest -- Khaos parts potentially for sale ???

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Ive looked at doing this too. I have a 20' 155 khaos I put ice age rails on and an epic 2.8 track and pro gears. Trying to decide keep it for next year or sell and get a new one. I really want the QD2, series 8 165 track on a 155 tunnel. IMO the easiest least expensive way is to buy a 165 sled and cut the tunnel. I have yet to find pricing on the series 8 track, but my guess in the $1500 range retail price.

Good guesstimate....I have the part number for the new 165 track and retail is 1449.00. But the big question.......when will it actually be available?!?!?! That's the gamble if a guy goes with the 155 and upgrades to 165.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
correct. I omitted the original coolers. My weight penalty is minimal because there is no coolant in the original coolers.

I cut off 7”- there is room to cut off even more.... close to 12” total if someone wanted to.
Any concern over twisting your tunnel? I would think you would lose a lot of integrity of the rear of the tunnel without the rectangular tubes being re-attached somehow. I guess having it cut short would keep it protected from impact.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Any concern over twisting your tunnel? I would think you would lose a lot of integrity of the rear of the tunnel without the rectangular tubes being re-attached somehow. I guess having it cut short would keep it protected from impact.

Zero concern since I reattached the rear plate that holds the snowflap and the BMFab rear bumper is beefy.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
is a 155 tunnel a full 8" shorter than a 163?
does it work that way? if not, how much shorter?

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Good guesstimate....I have the part number for the new 165 track and retail is 1449.00. But the big question.......when will it actually be available?!?!?! That's the gamble if a guy goes with the 155 and upgrades to 165.

do you have any other part numbers? like the 50 tooth lower qd pulley and new belt?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
do you have any other part numbers? like the 50 tooth lower qd pulley and new belt?

No I didn’t get that. I know all these parts will be available, the big question is ....when ?!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
No I didn’t get that. I know all these parts will be available, the big question is ....when ?!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks. the sleds are listed on the polaris parts website, but don't pull up any numbers when clicked on

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
thanks. the sleds are listed on the polaris parts website, but don't pull up any numbers when clicked on

Yeah not everything is updated yet. I had a connection to get the new track part number. Now that I have the number, when you enter it on the Polaris website it does come up that way, so I know its the correct number.

Premium Features