• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Checking interest -- Khaos parts potentially for sale ???

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Okay guys,

I'm going back and forth on whether to just snowcheck a Khaos 165 or go with a 155 Khaos and then swap to 165 Ice Age rails and a 165 Series 8 track ????

Obviously looking to make a short tunnel 165 but..... is it worth the extra work, pulling and selling parts ??

With that said, what do you guys think the interest would be for a brand new set of "take off" 155 rails and a new "take off" 155 Series 8 track?

• 2 Stars
Reactions: TRS

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Certain stuff is pretty quick and easy to sell, some items, not so much. Because of the cost of service parts from polaris, common wear or failure items are easy to move. Things like rails and tracks are pretty quick and easy to sell, takeoff shocks are less easy but still move.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Khaos rails would be gone in less than a week if you split them up. A 3.5 pitch 2.75 don't know - depends on how widespread driver availability for the poo driveshaft will be. But they'll both sell - lots of pro owners out there willing to try a Khaos with the new track on their 155. Better option than cutting a tunnel IMHO.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'm keeping an eye out for a full 155 setup (preferably assault with a series 6, if anyone's got one) to put in my sled, and it seems like those pieces hold their value pretty well. Like everyone is saying, the track and rails are items people wear out and/or break, so take-offs demand prices pretty near what replacements cost. I'd think you could have them sold in a week for around 75% of what they cost from Polaris, and you could probably get more.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Thanks guys for the input.

I was thinking in my head that I could do a quick sale "turn a round" on these parts but I wanted to get thoughts from others to confirm my beliefs. You know how it is when you tell yourself something over and over......you tend to believe yourself !! Kinda like when you say to yourself in the mirror, damn you're good looking.....LOL!!!

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Trying to build mine into a khaos 163. Anyone have a series 6 163 they are looking to sell in the offseason?

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
Call Kurt's Polaris in Montana. They have a snowcheck option of shortening the tunnel the correct way.

Reactions: Badv2

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Last year they would order the tunnel length you wanted, and then put the track length in you wanted. Not sure if they are doing it again this year or not.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Last year they would order the tunnel length you wanted, and then put the track length in you wanted. Not sure if they are doing it again this year or not.

So if that's what they were doing and will be doing again, that is no different then what I'm looking at doing. So again I'm curious as stated above, "they are shortening the tunnel the correct way".......

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I didnt think they were cutting tunnels just putting a 163” in a 155” tunnel. What I did last year was convert a 155 to a 163” I had no trouble selling the track for much less then retail. The rails didn’t sell I still have them. The new track will sell quick just don’t forget how much it cost to ship that will eat into your selling price pretty quick.PayPal will take a decent cut too. Then you will deal with some low ballers trying to get a deal.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Ive looked at doing this too. I have a 20' 155 khaos I put ice age rails on and an epic 2.8 track and pro gears. Trying to decide keep it for next year or sell and get a new one. I really want the QD2, series 8 165 track on a 155 tunnel. IMO the easiest least expensive way is to buy a 165 sled and cut the tunnel. I have yet to find pricing on the series 8 track, but my guess in the $1500 range retail price.

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
I would assume the longer skid and track under a 155 would be considered a modification. I am sure they would use the excuse of not enough cooling surface. So why not cut and weld? Probably the same odds of denial if you have an issue.

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
They are cutting down the tunnels, but welding everything back together just like it came from the factory. I believe it is a $495 option and they will stand behind the work as far as warranty is concerned.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Are you not welding the square tubes back together at all?

correct. I omitted the original coolers. My weight penalty is minimal because there is no coolant in the original coolers.

I cut off 7”- there is room to cut off even more.... close to 12” total if someone wanted to.

Reactions: FatDogX
Premium Features