• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check your bolts

Good catch. Never know what you can find. My last new sled in 17 had a stray extra bolt laying under the clutch. That could have caused a lot of headache and downtime if I didn't see it.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

That was pdi perfectly that’s dangerous AF I do the same as you I look at ever nut and bolt , in 2017 I had a new freeride in the shop and it was missing two head bolts from factory lol .

when installing a clutch kit on my '22 freeride, the primary bolt came off way too easy. no way it was tightened to the 89 ft/lb spec.

Good catch! I ride a Poo so I don't know how the A arms are attached on a Doo. From the picture, I'm guessing if that bolt came out the right front lower arm would drop? Just the front of it?

LoL. Free tools. I thought you were using it as a pointer. Is that an extra washer under it?
yes it is . it's an extra since both a arm bolts had their washers on them.
just super lucky I found this major oversight. I mean a hood bolt or the spare belt holder something not so important. I wouldn't have said anything, but this was bad. I could've been hurt machine damaged ect.

yes it is . it's an extra since both a arm bolts had their washers on them.
just super lucky I found this major oversight. I mean a hood bolt or the spare belt holder something not so important. I wouldn't have said anything, but this was bad. I could've been hurt machine damaged ect.
I hear ya man. I've busted a couple sets of Zbroz a arms. Hitting hidden treasures under the snow. luckily I've never been hurt or the sled. Other than the busted arms. It always sucks getting the sled out and your day/trip is normally over. Once again, good catch. May your season be filled with lots of pow days and stay safe :)

I see from your profile your in BC. I'll be up there sometime in late December. I hope its deep

That is dangerous on so many levels , what if that punch got in the clutch at 8000 rpm and got you under the chin . It should of never left the factory like this and it should of bin caught in the pdi at dealer because that’s what they are supposed to do in the pdi check all bolts,nuts clean clutches , etc etc . People make mistakes I know but sometimes mistakes cause harm or death.

That is dangerous on so many levels , what if that punch got in the clutch at 8000 rpm and got you under the chin . It should of never left the factory like this and it should of bin caught in the pdi at dealer because that’s what they are supposed to do in the pdi check all bolts,nuts clean clutches , etc etc . People make mistakes I know but sometimes mistakes cause harm or death.
Cleaning clutches is not part of pdi, it is the owners responsibility to do that, and better that way, easy to do and something everyone should know how and learn how to do and do it the moment it is in your possession.

Oh sorry Dave my bad I assumed cleaning the machining oil of the clutches before putting a 250$ belt on them would be part of the pdi . I guess the last sled I bought the dealer should not of checked that of on there pdi form that’s clearly my responsibility noted thanks bud

Cleaning clutches is not part of pdi, it is the owners responsibility to do that, and better that way, easy to do and something everyone should know how and learn how to do and do it the moment it is in your possession.
Wait what cleaning the shipping oil off the clutches isn't part of the pdi? yet as part of the pdi they install a belt and run the sled up after they put it together to make sure its in working order last time i checked? so its just screw this guys new belt / cvt lets give the customer a sled that has a slipping cvt system coated in shipping oil and send him or her on their way, as a red seal automotive service tech with 10 years with Dodge Chrysler Jeep Fiat and 5 years with BMW MINI i can say i`ve done a lot of pdi`s. now i realize this is on road vehicles and not snowmobiles but last time i checked a pdi is done so the vehicle can be delivered to the customer in full working order with all fluids, updates performed and everything fully working and ready to ride or drive. not here`s your new vehicle by the way the pdi you paid for well we decided not to fully complete it and maybe your sled is good to go maybe its not? that's for you to find out? i always find it funny how the power sports industry thinks they can be so cavalier with things like this and wonder why people get upset. if i pdi`d a BMW and put it out back ready for customer pick up in a not safe and ready to drive state i would definitely be hearing about it and the customer would have every right to be upset. now i agree that everyone should know how to clean their clutches and adjust their cvt drive. but i expect my new sled to be fully pdi`d and ready to ride when i pick it up next week i shouldn`t be having to complete the pdi myself so its in a ready to ride state, i should have to put oil and fuel in it and pull the cord.

Last edited:
Hey Dave any comment on the extra tools and washer on my sled? loose I mean barley spun on nut to a main A arm bolt. Just curious what am ambassador has to say about it.
all and all I found it thank god and Its gonna be an awesome sled this season.
my dealer said they’d let BRP know and said sorry.

I got to get out the popcorn that comment about not cleaning clutches on pdi was a real Jim dandy statement. Stock sucks at least your dealer said sorry that’s a start sometimes that’s all anyone wants .

I got to get out the popcorn that comment about not cleaning clutches on pdi was a real Jim dandy statement. Stock sucks at least your dealer said sorry that’s a start sometimes that’s all anyone wants .
do you have photos of the cracked screen, what is the serial number on that sled? Let me know when you will have the answer, please.

Premium Features

Back