• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat to begin manufacturing snowmobile engines

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Most of it comes from the 30% tax on imported goods that was put into place not long after the president was elected. (but there not taxing the little guy). Kinda leaves no choice but to look at building here. The motor itself is not the complex part of the machine. With the right tools I could build the same thing with a engineer and a cnc machine. Its the computer and mapping that gets the most attention, (because of emissions) it can cause all kinds of problems. most everything else is already being built by After market companies that do it better anyway. I think the most important thing is having a high standard of quality to make sure the engine is put together perfectly with high quality metals and parts.
The engine is one of the places you don't cut corners like the cheap DD bearings. They will also have to maintain there warranty.

C
Nov 26, 2007
When I switched from poo to AC in 2001 it sure wasn't because of the chassis, the fit & finished sucked compared to poo, It was the Suzuki and only the Suzuki that was the decision maker. And I've never regretted going to Suzuki, even if it did come with a AC chassis

Premium Features