• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carnage at Lost Lake

D

Double L

Nov 26, 2007
The PC
The day was going good. We found some good snow down in the rollers next to the lake. I had been playing on a hill when I spotted a nice drop at the top of the hill. At the same time my cousin spotted an up hill jump in the middle of the hill. He thought that I was going to go up and over the hill like I did on my previous climb. Anyways I hit the drop and on my ride out I saw a sled out of the corner of my eye falling from out of the sky. I was able to bail at the last second and heard the painful sound of crumpling plastic and metal. I'm just glad no one got hurt. I was able to limp the sled out with the clutch cover and half my cowling strapped to my backpack and sitting on my side panel. I did blow a belt on the way out but that was expected since the cluthes are so out of alignment. What realy sucks is that I finally had the sled dialed in. I do have insurance and we'll see what happens on Monday. Be safe fellas.
brockensled3.jpg

brockensled7.jpg

brockensled8.jpg

brockensled10.jpg

brockensled13.jpg

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Oh man! I feel for you Double L. Glad to hear that you saw each other at the last minute and nobdy got hurt. That looks ugly. I take it you fibally got your clutching figured out? Well at least you will know how to setup the replacement on. That looks like it may be a total. We had a ball up there today. Sure was blown into contrete out in the open though. We were deep in the trees and found nice snow.

D

Double L

Nov 26, 2007
The PC
Oh man! I feel for you Double L. Glad to hear that you saw each other at the last minute and nobdy got hurt. That looks ugly. I take it you fibally got your clutching figured out? Well at least you will know how to setup the replacement on. That looks like it may be a total. We had a ball up there today. Sure was blown into contrete out in the open though. We were deep in the trees and found nice snow.

Yea I think it may be totaled also, the secondary is pushed a couple of inches towards the chaincase side. The tunell is also bent down a few inches as well as the cosmetic damage, I dont think there is a usable piece if plastic on it. The chaincase pushed my can out of the exhaust hole and ended up melting the last piece of plastic that I thought I could save. Still havent looked it over entirely, I was pretty pisst off most of today and didn't want to deal with it. I may be out of comish fo awhile. How was the trail ultra, it was pretty F'd on our way out yesterday? The bob sled run was in full effect on my way out which was actually put a smile on my face, one last adrenaline rush. Most people were using the switchback for the way up and down. Peace

Last edited:
D

Double L

Nov 26, 2007
The PC
O yea my cuzins M7 that landed on/in to me only needs a new cowling. Anyone got one? I already found that rat bastard one on here, thanks Stewart, we need another one.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
On the way to Fireman's, we changed our minds after hearing what it was like yesterday. Went Primrose instead as much as I hate it. No ice and with more more snow than there is the moguls weren't over a foot deep! Ran right up and down at the fastest pace I think we've ever run that trail. Again, sorry about your new sled, I would be angry right now as well, but you will soon be thankful that it was just the sleds.

D

Double L

Nov 26, 2007
The PC
I think you may have done this on purpose, so you wouldn’t have to deal with getting shown up by the D8.........if I EVER get it back :D

If they total it I may have to get an asssssssualt, make the switch back to the dark side. At least thet way I'd have spare plugs for you when you foul them every other mile. Hope you got over your vicious fever that kept you from going with us....wuss. J/K nothin but love nieghbor.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Damn glad nobody got hurt, we saw an assault come thru Cantwell with the side all tore like that today!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
this is the kenai boys, doug (the_dougdanger)and his wife mellisa?, tim(the_ultrarider),tims son spike,troy(akstorm), his brother gregg, nick(AK800VE), and mike......
troy had to hog camera space today..boy was just dead set on making us old guys exercize.....
DSC00615.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

AKSNOWRIDER_2008

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
heres some more..this is almost all troy............
DSC00626.jpg[/IMG]
DSC00627.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

look close and see if you can figure out how troy got onto this hill....
DSC00635.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

or how he got into this hole..................
DSC00639.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

what a blast..boys you sure are fun to ride with...

D

Double L

Nov 26, 2007
The PC
Man if you wern't family I'd hate you forever. Luckily were both OK and your still the best riding partner ever you SOB.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
dang double L, at least no one can say you hit a pine cone and totalled it LOL sorry i had to.

It was great metting all you guys finally. We definatley need to get together again. Oh and thanks again for being patient with the newbi (Mike).

I like the pics Mike. I was wondering if you got any of me haha

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
dang double L, at least no one can say you hit a pine cone and totalled it LOL sorry i had to.

It was great metting all you guys finally. We definatley need to get together again. Oh and thanks again for being patient with the newbi (Mike).

I like the pics Mike. I was wondering if you got any of me haha

lol..yea but the rest didnt come out worth beans..should have brought the other camera.....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Hey Nic, I think Mike's camera has the same problom as his sled, It's the operator:eek:

hey...now when did I say anything about being an operator.....I just go along to fix things..and pic up all the wholesaled parts, and try and take a few pics so others can be forewarned of what they are getting into....:D:rolleyes:

Premium Features