• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cantwell sunday

I
Nov 26, 2007
crap..and here I thought you was giving free pointers on tree riding...lol..nice to meet ya mike...next time we need to ride a place you can use your sled..very nice by the way....

Never, never take tree riding tips from me :rolleyes:

Nice meeting you too, and all the other mikes :D

I'll come down your way next winter and someone else can lead...

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Nice Pic's Shwee, next time I'll quit showin off and just ride my sled:D
Forum12.jpg

J
Nov 8, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
Looks like a fun ride! We were thinking of heading that way but went to Central instead, and ended up water skipping Harrison creek which was breaking up big time for a few miles till we found a spot to turn around. It was pretty hairy, but at least I didn't spend half the day digging.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Looks like a fun ride! We were thinking of heading that way but went to Central instead, and ended up water skipping Harrison creek which was breaking up big time for a few miles till we found a spot to turn around. It was pretty hairy, but at least I didn't spend half the day digging.

How was the snow at 84 mile or down in Birch creek?

This is one of the funniest threads here lately! Thanks for the laugh!:beer;

lol ... we always have a good time :D

hahaha... myth is right!!! nahhhh I wouldn't post pics of ya stuck... I am going to stick with picking on the boys ~ there were more of them :D

Charlie may think twice about joining the 4M after this thread though LOL

For the record ~ alders 3 Charlie 0

That kids got a screw loose or sumthin... :p We definitely gotta get him to go more often.

It was cool of you guys to come up and really nice to meet you all, I had no idea the snow would be so bad. We'll definitely be heading farther south next season for some rides and ya'll need to come up before the snow set's up next time. :beer;:beer;

M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska

Did you go over Portage or up Birch Cr??? I'm assuming you were riding with Larry & Stan??

M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Inquiring minds wanna know, I'm up for a 12 mile summit or Birch creek run if the snow's still good!

My Dad lives up in Central. He Said the snow is melting but, not as fast as here in town. He said birch should be good this weekend on the Central side not sure about the 12 ile side. If you don't mind water skippin you could probably go in at the canoe landing.

800HMRK

Dec 17, 2007
Alaska
Inquiring minds wanna know, I'm up for a 12 mile summit or Birch creek run if the snow's still good!

I would say that it should be good for atleast one more weekend. It has been pretty cold up here in Central (only 10 above this morning). I heard that Birch Creek still had some really good powder and I imagine that up higher like around 12 mile there are some places that would still be fun. If the wife will let me I'm thinking about going out one last time, but she got pissed when I went to Cantwell last weekend so my odds aren't too great.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
My Dad lives up in Central. He Said the snow is melting but, not as fast as here in town. He said birch should be good this weekend on the Central side not sure about the 12 ile side. If you don't mind water skippin you could probably go in at the canoe landing.

I would say that it should be good for atleast one more weekend. It has been pretty cold up here in Central (only 10 above this morning). I heard that Birch Creek still had some really good powder and I imagine that up higher like around 12 mile there are some places that would still be fun. If the wife will let me I'm thinking about going out one last time, but she got pissed when I went to Cantwell last weekend so my odds aren't too great.

Thank's fella's I may take the sleds up Sunday to check it out!

J
Nov 8, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
The Birch creek snow was nice, A little crusted but you could still carve nicely.

And yes I did ride with Larry and Stan. I thought Larry was going to have to swim home that day. It was pretty hairy for a second. It turned out to be a nice ride though, we ended up going around Medicine lake and hopped on to Birch creek from there.

Premium Features