• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cantwell (sorta) on Monday

T

TalkAK

Got on the snow a little after 8 a.m. Got high as quick as possible, snow got better and better the higher we went. 6-10 inches of powder at 4500+.
Swamps and trails down low were hard as concrete in the morning and just getting soft when we left at 1:30. The trails around the highway were getting tough to stay on, typical spring soup. Fall off the trail and hello sore back.

Oh one last thing, we had 2010 cats. Gotta love it, last ride of the year and brand new sleds. How many days till winter???

Thanks Alaska Mountain Magic!!

bigmac.jpg bowl1.jpg jumps.jpg north1.jpg hcr1.jpg snopro.jpg

Got on the snow a little after 8 a.m. Got high as quick as possible, snow got better and better the higher we went. 6-10 inches of powder at 4500+.
Swamps and trails down low were hard as concrete in the morning and just getting soft when we left at 1:30. The trails around the highway were getting tough to stay on, typical spring soup. Fall off the trail and hello sore back.

Oh one last thing, we had 2010 cats. Gotta love it, last ride of the year and brand new sleds. How many days till winter???

Thanks Alaska Mountain Magic!!

OMG I can't believe that David found enough time to get out for a ride! What you think of the '10s?

Yes indeed....

He did make the trip, we had a good time. The machines were still in the yard down there as of yesterday. Not sure what the plan is for them this weekend?? On how I liked them, not a huge difference from my current M8 but better. The extra ponies are there and usable. What I liked is that the overall platform is the same with just some added improvments. H.P., susp., seat, adjustable bars, track, oh yeah and they are new!

Almost forgot ,the skis gotta go. I may just put some 09 skis on as I have a set in the garage. The new ones did not work, and we saw several different conditions, they were the worst on the trails, darting all over, and when they did get locked into a groove, hang on, as that is where you are going.

Another note, you do notice the difference in the two tracks, HCR vs M. Everyone prefered the softer M track, the HCR was spinning out much more in any hard frozen snow. Might work better in "packed" snow but not on the crust.

Liked the seat a lot, see the "new seat" thread in the Arctic Cat section for a complete list of what went in it. With pictures.

Premium Features

Back