• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bury Me With My Sled Playhouse...Trinities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Nov 27, 2007
Went out for a ride with Concreteman and my two boys. What a great day on the snow to enjoy with my boys and friend. Powder was great the boys where once on again on their 77 440 Moto ski's tearing up the snow took them booney crashing threw the mountains for the first time. :face-icon-small-cooThey did great for only being 10 and 8 yrs old. Went to Deadwood summit and tore it up not too much untouched snow now; there is probably 3 feet plus in some areas with great base but we need to get more snow hopefully there is more snow in the future. I will upload the pic's later on today:D

C

CatndHat

Nov 8, 2003
Snowville WY
Hey James,sounds like fun with Fred and the boys. I took Brock and Matt sledding behind the four wheeler today and froze their little butts off,LOL.:D
Also spent a good part of the day working my sled over to be ready for some fresh deep!
Have you had the Exiter out yet? How does it run?
Looks like your Mtns and ours are going to get some new in the next 24 hrs.

L
Sep 24, 2003
Boise, ID
We rode Bear Creek (over by Tuppers old place kinda) any how... decent snow on the way in but wants we gained elavation it was pretty deep .. played all day and didnt hit anything... it was Superman snow though.. I am headed to Baker Or tomorrow.. Wooo weee hopefully hey have snow..

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Sounds like a good time James. We did manage to find some untouched back in the trees yesterday. Getting busy up there, we saw more people than I've ever seen in that area....

Lucias, I am thinking about a Sumpter (I assume that is where you are going) trip this season. Let me know how it was.

C

concreteman

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
nice pics

We all had a great day on our sled's the boy's rode great.I was very impressed that they both made it up the ridge to the lookout:D:D:Dkeep up the good work Jerid and Joseph, Your dad and i will need you boys to break trail when we go on our xmas ride in pine :):):):)

H
Dec 3, 2007
Washington
Backside of Trinity

Rode the backside of Trinity on Sunday. Still a few rocks but lots of snow the higher you went. Now with the new snow, the riding should be great. Anybody been up there since Sunday?

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Trinity Creek was groomed. Snow was about 42 inches at Big Trinity. Someone had packed down the snow under the snotel depth sensor (you could see a faint outline), but the hole had filled back in. So, snotel should be fairly accurate now.

Snow seemed bottomless in places, don't drop off into any holes unless your sure you can get back out. Need more snow.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Stayed at Nesters Hotel for the last 4 days and what a great ride with DEEP snow.;) Must of been at least 6 feet of snow up top Concreteman and myself busted a trail early yesterday morning to the summit at Hot Dog Hill it took all of our gas to make just to there. On reserve gas on the way back but it was diffently worth it:D Visibility was zero but the fun factor was high. I will try and post pic's here soon

acgreen

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Featherville to Rocky Bar to Warming Hut and Back to Featherville.

Parked in Featherville today and we rode to Rocky Bar. From there to the warming hut it wasn't groomed and on top we just followed the ridge. Packing down 1 foot of snow or so. Drove over 3 or 4 trees and cut branches off part of a tree and went under it. Blowing and snowing like Hell. Ride down from warming hut to the Trinity Lakes parking lot was really bumpy. I would not recommend the trip from Rocky Bar to the warming hut until it is groomed and you can follow somewhat of a trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features