• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bulletproof Boots on a Budget

C
Dec 26, 2007
After spending fruitless hours searching the interwebs for knowledge, I've decided that you folks would know best and I should ask you nut jobs directly. After all, you ride the same areas I ride and it's you guys that I'm always trying to (without much success) emulate.

So here's my quandery. It's time for new boots. Problem one, I'm on a budget. With a wife and six adorable leeches, money IS an object. Problem two, watching me climb and boondock is like watching what's-his-face flop around while screaming "Don't taze me, bro!"

I'm broke and hard on gear. I spend as much time trying to get back on my boards as I do on them and those narrow misses added to the... knurling?... on the boards equals minor scuffs that become holes.

I've been a cheap bastard and have flat worn out every winter boot I have over my vast three seasons of riding. I loved the warmth and comfort of my Sorel-like boots, the light weight and low profile of my Columbias (basically insulated hikers for work) and the general lack of bruising provided by my now shredded snow board boots. What I didn't like is the sloppiness of my Sorel-like boots, the lack of warmth of my Columbias and the width/weight/lack of flexibility of my snowboard boots.

Help! Err... please. What I don't need is brand loyalty garbage. I know all about that. After all, some of you less fortunate ride Walkahomuhs, Articraps and Skipoos. I get brand loyalty and can appreciate it as much as the marketing gurus for the big four. What I really need is sound advice - places to start looking and places to avoid.

If you land me the answer I'm looking for, I'll make sure you get some of my wife's homemade Khalua (insert required state line/age/legal whatever restrictions here).

Reactions: M6johnny

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
Got into a lightly used pair of klim radium gtx boots for 90 bones...hands down the best boot my foot has ever been in...amazing

cat rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairmont, MN
I'd say look for some of last years Klim Adrenaline boots on ebay. They are a great boot and almost the same as this years just a lot cheaper.

Premium Features