• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DC Accessory Power for Boot Heaters

S
Mar 22, 2022
Truckee, ca
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out how to install a boot heater for my ski boots in a tunnel bag so that I can ride in a better pair of boots and then switch to the ski boots when I get to the ski zone.

So, My question is:

How much power is available at the taillight? and How much power is available at the DC accessory plug?

I would like to be able to run 2x 30w heating elements if possible and need to know where the best place would be to get power from. I'm not worried about having constant voltage or power when the sled is idleing. Power to the heaters when the sled is running at trail speed would be plenty for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Why not just get an extra set of batteries and turn them on while you ride? It won't mess up the electrical and will last long enough to keep your boots warm.

Taillight wiring won't get you anywhere but you could run the chargers into the accessory port. It's got a 10 amp fuse. Just be sure your chargers are 12v and you can wire right in. Molex Connector numbers have been listed on here before

S
Mar 22, 2022
Truckee, ca
I was hoping to just go direct to the wiring and not use batteries to keep the system as simple as possible.
If I can get 10amps from the accessory port then I will give it a shot just wiring directly to that.
Thanks for the information and suggestion!

Premium Features