• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bulk AMMO price's, anyone know any better places than this one?

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Cheaper than dirt
black hills (if you can find a good supplier)
cor-bon (if you can get a hookup)
winchester whitebox at wal mart
American Eagle from Sportsman's Warehouse
Cabelas (if they ever have any in stock)

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
most of it is fmj what do you do with that **** except split rocks. i've heard don't shoot the wolf brand it's powder is very corosive

$
Steel cases are very hard on your chambers and moving parts, the solution they put in there powder pits your rifling and gives it a wax coat

Although the Wolf gold is pretty good

But when Wolf is $3 a box cheaper than the next stuff I can afford to replace my extractor after 5K rounds and clean the rifle when I'm done shooting. I've never had any problems with it in my AR in 1K plus rounds.

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
Are they really that bad? Heck, if they are, im gonna definitly change over to only brass.

Ive found them to be yah. The wolf Gold on the other hand is a different story.

I just wont shoot it in mine. Its sorta like running fuel through your sled thats 4-5 years old. Just hard on internals.

And honestly, its not even that accurate :rolleyes: youd be better to buy a ton of it, take the bullets out, punch the primers, and reload something else hehe

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
Wolf ammo is junk.. very very hard on internals and barrels.. although cheap it WILL wear out a normal firearm in less than half the time of regular ammo... even if you do clean more if using it..

My personal bulk ammo favorite is black hills.. its fairly inexpensive, works great, and for bulk is fairly accurate..

P.S. if somebody needs some black hills ammo let me know.... I kinda have a good line on it :eek:

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
Friend brought over a gun tonight... had a slight problem. Funny thing, it was a light load, Wolf brand. Out of fairness, it happended back in '76. But still...makes one consider the implications of the ammo they choose.

Gun-wolf-ammo-2.jpg

Gun-wolf-ammo.jpg

7mm Remington. Lady shooting it is lucky to still see, be alive. Blew her thumb off but for a thread. 60% use now.

Friend brought over a gun tonight... had a slight problem. Funny thing, it was a light load, Wolf brand. Out of fairness, it happended back in '76. But still...makes one consider the implications of the ammo they choose.

Gun-wolf-ammo-2.jpg

Gun-wolf-ammo.jpg

7mm Remington. Lady shooting it is lucky to still see, be alive. Blew her thumb off but for a thread. 60% use now.

WoW.. That would blow! I think I'll change away from wolf now.

Premium Features