• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buff Pass

madmaxx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
NW Iowa
Has anyone road Buff Pass in the last 3-4 days? 4 of us are heading from Ia on Thursday night and riding Friday and Saturday.... I know there is snow in the forecast Friday/Saturday but what is it really like.... just doing an early trip to do some break in miles.... any info is greatly appreciated!!!! Still doing the snow dance!!!

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Hope for snow! snow wasn't great this last weekend
face-icon-small-sad.gif

Reactions: madmaxx

JordanWilliams

Lifetime Membership
Sep 26, 2013
Eastern South Dakota
Has anyone road Buff Pass in the last 3-4 days? 4 of us are heading from Ia on Thursday night and riding Friday and Saturday.... I know there is snow in the forecast Friday/Saturday but what is it really like.... just doing an early trip to do some break in miles.... any info is greatly appreciated!!!! Still doing the snow dance!!!

Will you post back here after you check out rabbit ears and buff pass? planning on leaving the 18. hoping for more snow...

Reactions: Covelli44

idareyou

Premium Member
Sep 9, 2001
Steamboat Springs
Thanks for the info!!!! Where did u ride from? We will be coming from Walden so leaving from the campground and heading right up Buff Pass... how are the power lines from there?

I would bring some a arms if you are riding up the power lines. Not enough snow yet unless you get lucky. The road is rough as there is not enough snow for the groomer to make it across the top yet.

Reactions: Covelli44

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Clark got about a 12" not a lot but better then nothing storm really hit south of craig ie Yelow jacket pass Indian run ripple creek pass, but with no base and 2-3ft dumped well my sled needs work now,,,.
face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
That's 2 weeks from today,it's snowing at my house now,1 hour or so from R/E calling for 10" tonight/tomorrow.
Check out http://www.steamboat.com/ (the ski area) they have link to their live snowcam, reset around 5AM daily.Buff Pass is basically behind ski area,also check out USGS snotel site http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/webmap...yPart=E&year=2015&month=12&day=14&monthPart=E look at Tower, Rabbit Ears,Columbine and Buff Park.
You will have a great time.Rabbit Ears is easily rideable into May most years

Last edited:
Premium Features