• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken Motor Mount Help

WyoRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Laramie, Wyoming
I have an 03 800 RMK That I have been rebuilding the engine on. New Crank, Tough boy crank kit, and Top end. Well when I pulled it out one of the front motor mounts was broken off at at the center rubber part. Of course i could get the top part out, but the Bottom has nothing to attach to to spin it. I have drilles a small hole in the metal plate and was able to spin it about a quarter turn, no more than that. Does anyone know of another way???

Have also thought of drilling the bolt and easy-outing the bold!

Thanks for the help

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Hammer and chisel on the outside edge to spin it. Or air hammer/chisel. Once it is broke loose, I have always been able to get them out with just a pair of channel locks.

Reactions: WyoRMK
A
Sep 24, 2009
clinton ny
tourque arm and push arm while ur getting it all butoned up will save you a lot of hassle. Broke mine 2 times before i smartened up. I agree with the hammer and chisel.. Beat that F.... out of there.

Reactions: WyoRMK

WyoRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Laramie, Wyoming
Thanks For the Help guys, i will give it a bigger hammer and another try.

I do have both tourque arm and push arm, so hope it lasts another 4000 miles.:D

Dec 10, 2007
Zillah, WA.
Hammer and chisel on the outside edge to spin it. Or air hammer/chisel. Once it is broke loose, I have always been able to get them out with just a pair of channel locks.

On my 03 escape, mounts sit too low in belly pan and angle is too great to use channel locks, not square enough. I was able to get the air hammer on the tab to loosen one motor mount. On the other side tabs are on top and the rubber flexes too much to break mount loose. I think I need to break off top of mount to get to the tight lower portion. Then, drill a hole to put the tip of the air hammer chisel in. Those mounts are a PITA!:mad:

Last edited:
T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
On my 03 escape, mounts sit too low in belly pan and angle is too great to use channel locks, not square enough. I was able to get the air hammer on the tab to loosen one motor mount. On the other side tabs are on top and the rubber flexes too much to break mount loose. I think I need to break off top of mount to get to the tight lower portion. Then, drill a hole to put the tip of the air hammer chisel in. Those mounts are a PITA!:mad:

Yep, you are on the right path to fix that. That is a good reminder to everyone. the motor mounts fix back together either way, but ALWAYS but it together with the plate with ears on it towards the bulkhead for this very reason. it gives you something to hit on when trying to get a broken mount out of there. If they get put in the other way, yes, you will have to use a sharp chisel or drill a hole, something to get a bite on it and get it broke loose.

WyoRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Laramie, Wyoming
Thanks for the help everyone. I got it out, ended up using the air chisel. Bent up both sides of the lower plate, then used channel locks to back it out. As a side note for anyone else that needs to remove one. The Air Chisel is a Must, and there is a 14mm nut inside the bulkhead tub.:beer;

Premium Features