• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bikeman Pipe Mod?

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
D8 Bikeman Pipe Mod?

I talked with Jimmy with Bikeman Performance today and claimed that their pipe mod gives 12-13 hp. Any feedback would be great and 12 + hp seems to good to be true? If any one has had this mod done or if you have done business with Bikeman please let me know what your thoughts are with these guys please. See the link below for the info on there website.

http://www.bikemanperformance.com/p...=1162&osCsid=168c60684d5cce1f3dc0fa8e68558a31

bmp%20pipe%20mod%20small%20pic.jpg

Last edited:

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
try it out let us know, i know when i put a slp single on my 08 700 turning 8400 "where it ran best" with attitude fuel controler pipe wasnt much of a difference

F
Dec 5, 2009
i have the pipe mod done to my 600 dragon. before i bought it mike at BMP told me it would increase the HP by 6-8 horsepower. I know it's an 800 but i think whoever you talked to is bull****ting you. I don't buy it that the pipe mod will increase the sleds horsepower by 12-13 unless you're putting a different y-pipe on along with the pipe mod.

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i think Bikeman are really doing their homework now..I like their pipe and ypipe im running...very good workmanship..and they were purchased back when they had a few problems so i would expect some great things from them since a real turnaround is been the story...they do do alot of dyno work...sure you will here alot of stories...but one thing for certain Bikeman has moved on and are commited it seems to be a long term player..

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
B.m.p. Pipes

A couple of guys on H.C.S (NITROUS XC and steepndeeper) have BMP pipes for sale in their signatures, so you may want to contact them.

I talked with Jimmy with Bikeman Performance today and claimed that their pipe mod gives 12-13 hp. Any feedback would be great and 12 + hp seems to good to be true? If any one has had this mod done or if you have done business with Bikeman please let me know what your thoughts are with these guys please. See the link below for the info on there website.

http://www.bikemanperformance.com/p...=1162&osCsid=168c60684d5cce1f3dc0fa8e68558a31

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
do not buy their clutch kits, the dalton wts i did not like, as for the pipe mod we used to sell them if you get my drift

C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
Buy the subscription to dynotechresearch.com if you want to see for yourself what kind of gains there are from this pipe. 10-12hp? Not even close, but some of bikemans competition got pretty close to that claim.

S

Sledneck236

Oct 14, 2009
I am running there single pipe, head and clutch kit on my 09 800 and it has been awsome! Really good to deal with I had a problem when i got the pipe the ened that goes into the can was to big it would not fit inside but no big deal i just took my can to the muffler shop and got it opened up a bit and when i told BMP of the problem they were willing to replace it.
Very happy With BMP.
Jordie

B

BadAftertaste

Jan 2, 2008
Colorado
www.jcbritish.com
Buy the subscription to dynotechresearch.com if you want to see for yourself what kind of gains there are from this pipe. 10-12hp? Not even close, but some of bikemans competition got pretty close to that claim.

That's a good idea, but I kinda feel like BMP should pony up and pay the guy, then make their particular results available to their customers. The way it sits, I have to pay two vendors just to feel like I might be making a good purchase from one.

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
BMP Pipe Mod

FYI, I talked with Jim today from Dynotech and he verified he has seen some big power improvements with the BMP pipe mod on many sleds including the both the Polaris 700 & 800's.

I am going to dyno my 09 D8 tomorrow at Bikeman stock, then with Jims PCV program, Stock can, MBRP can, and BMP Pipemod and then custom built fuel map for pcv.

I will post results tomorrow night so stay tuned.

C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
That's a good idea, but I kinda feel like BMP should pony up and pay the guy, then make their particular results available to their customers. The way it sits, I have to pay two vendors just to feel like I might be making a good purchase from one.

But thats the beauty of it all, BMP doesnt pay dynotechresearch, which is why we get unbiased results. From what I understand and have been told, BMP has their own dyno that they use and is notorious for giving higher than actual numbers. Also I dont think BMP would pay dynotech to prove that their "10-12hp" peak gains claim actually prove to be a gain of only 6hp. The BMP pipe mod is a great buy for the price but it does not get you those claimed gains.

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Bikeman pipe mod

I have asked Jimmy several times for a dyno print out and have yet to get one. If you talk a big hp gain then you should me not afraid to print it out!

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
Bikeman Pipe & Can Dyno Test Results

OK, I spent half the afternoon at BMP Bikeman Performance in Osceola WI. I brought my stock D8 with the MBRP pipe installed and the PCV with Dynotechs map. All of the dyno time was done by Joe Strubb and he was a top notice tech & tuner. All of the test combinations and results are posted below.

Please remember this sled had the fall update done by Polaris a few months ago and only has 14 miles on it. The sled has the orignal break in tank of mixed fuel in it as well. Yes the ethanol wires were plugged in. I have included the dyno charts below with some pics. We made 18 pulls in total with changes as we went. I have not scanned all of the dyno result sheets since there were many changes that did not do anything worth reporting.

1. The 1st pull was stock tuning with MBRP can that we welded a O2 bung onto it for af readings. The results peaked at 136.9 hp at 7400 rpm

2. The 2nd pull was stock tuning with MBRP can as listed above. The results increased and peaked at 137.8 hp at 7600 rpm

3. The 3rd pull was stock tuning with MBRP can as listed above. The results slightly decreased and peaked at 137.6 hp at 7600 rpm

4. The 4th pull was stock tuning with stock can. The results increased and peaked at 138.8 hp at 7700 & 7900 rpm

5. The 5th pull was stock tuning with stock can. The results increased and peaked at 139.7 hp at 8000 rpm

6. The 6th pull was stock tuning with stock can. The results were the same as pull 5.

7. The 7th pull was stock tuning with BMP can. The results decreased and peaked at 139.6 hp at 7600 rpm

8. The 8th pull was stock tuning with BMP can decreased slightly from pull number 7

9. The 9th pull was no longer stock tuning but with the PCV power commander 5 with dynotech Jims fall map tuning with BMP can. The results increased and peaked at 147.5 hp at 7900 rpm

10. The 10th pull was with the PCV power commander 5 with dynotech Jims fall map tuning with BMP can. The results decreased and peaked at 146.8 hp at 7900 rpm

11. The 11th pull was with the PCV power commander 5 with dynotech Jims fall map tuning with stock Polaris can. The results increased and peaked at 148.9 hp at 7900 rpm

12. The 12th pull was with the PCV power commander 5 with dynotech Jims fall map tuning with stock Polaris can. The results decreased and peaked at 148.2 hp at 7900 rpm

13. The 13th pull was with the PCV power commander 5 with BMP's fall map tuning with there BMP single Pipe and stock Polaris can. The results increased and peaked at 150.9 hp at 8200 rpm

14. The 14th pull was the same results as pull 13 with no results with small pcv map changes.

15. The 15th pull was all most the same results as pull 13 & 14 but was down 0.2 hp to 150.7 hp at a higher 8400 rpms. No other changes.

16. The 16th pull we changed back to the BMP can, PCV with BMP fall program with their pipe and the results decreased down to 149.1 at 8400 rpm.

17. The 17th pull with slight pcv map changes the power decreased down to 147.8 at 8200 rpms. No other changes were made.

18. The 18th or last pull with slight mods to the BMP map for the PCV where we leaned it out on the top with BMP Pipe and stock Polaris can we had the last increase of 151.5 hp at 8400 rpm.

We confirmed many conclusions during the dyno session. The first is that Jim's maps from Dynotech are pretty good, safe and relaible. We also confirmed what Jim has told me many times that most of the cans are too free flowing or loose and lose power but safe weight.

As for Bikemans Pipe mods claims of up to 12 hp to a stock pipe on a stock sled they do have good gains but in general it is few and far between. The BMP single pipe in this case did add about 4 hp with tuning help from the pcv but made the power band much more usabl power then the stock pipe with jims map.

I was impressed with Bikeman Performance and did buy one of there ceramic coated pipes. I am happy that my sled is dialed in to go to Cooke City tomorrow but thought I might be closer to 160 hp? My sled still needs to break in so maybe it will increase another 2-3 hp but I will not see 8-9 hp.

Today in MN & WI was a good day for dyno tuning and the air fuel readings running the sled stock is scary lean IMO. The PCV sure brings the sled to safe air fuel levels and the power on the top helps too. I would encourage any one who owns a Polaris 800 CFi with bog, lean, surge issues to save some time and down time costs and buy a PCV.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will post another thread next with the rest of the dyno result pics.

09D8R1.jpg 09D8R2.jpg 09D8R3.jpg 09D8R4.jpg 09D8R5.jpg 09D8R6.jpg 09D8R7.jpg

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
Results Continued

OK, I spent half the afternoon at BMP Bikeman Performance in Osceola WI. I brought my stock D8 with the MBRP pipe installed and the PCV with Dynotechs map. All of the dyno time was done by Joe Strubb and he was a top notice tech & tuner. All of the test combinations and results are posted below.

Please remember this sled had the fall update done by Polaris a few months ago and only has 14 miles on it. The sled has the orignal break in tank of mixed fuel in it as well. Yes the ethanol wires were plugged in. I have included the dyno charts below with some pics. We made 18 pulls in total with changes as we went. I have not scanned all of the dyno result sheets since there were many changes that did not do anything worth reporting.

1. The 1st pull was stock tuning with MBRP can that we welded a O2 bung onto it for af readings. The results peaked at 136.9 hp at 7400 rpm

2. The 2nd pull was stock tuning with MBRP can as listed above. The results increased and peaked at 137.8 hp at 7600 rpm

3. The 3rd pull was stock tuning with MBRP can as listed above. The results slightly decreased and peaked at 137.6 hp at 7600 rpm

4. The 4th pull was stock tuning with stock can. The results increased and peaked at 138.8 hp at 7700 & 7900 rpm

5. The 5th pull was stock tuning with stock can. The results increased and peaked at 139.7 hp at 8000 rpm

6. The 6th pull was stock tuning with stock can. The results were the same as pull 5.

7. The 7th pull was stock tuning with BMP can. The results decreased and peaked at 139.6 hp at 7600 rpm

8. The 8th pull was stock tuning with BMP can decreased slightly from pull number 7

9. The 9th pull was no longer stock tuning but with the PCV power commander 5 with dynotech Jims fall map tuning with BMP can. The results increased and peaked at 147.5 hp at 7900 rpm

10. The 10th pull was with the PCV power commander 5 with dynotech Jims fall map tuning with BMP can. The results decreased and peaked at 146.8 hp at 7900 rpm

11. The 11th pull was with the PCV power commander 5 with dynotech Jims fall map tuning with stock Polaris can. The results increased and peaked at 148.9 hp at 7900 rpm

12. The 12th pull was with the PCV power commander 5 with dynotech Jims fall map tuning with stock Polaris can. The results decreased and peaked at 148.2 hp at 7900 rpm

13. The 13th pull was with the PCV power commander 5 with BMP's fall map tuning with there BMP single Pipe and stock Polaris can. The results increased and peaked at 150.9 hp at 8200 rpm

14. The 14th pull was the same results as pull 13 with no results with small pcv map changes.

15. The 15th pull was all most the same results as pull 13 & 14 but was down 0.2 hp to 150.7 hp at a higher 8400 rpms. No other changes.

16. The 16th pull we changed back to the BMP can, PCV with BMP fall program with their pipe and the results decreased down to 149.1 at 8400 rpm.

17. The 17th pull with slight pcv map changes the power decreased down to 147.8 at 8200 rpms. No other changes were made.

18. The 18th or last pull with slight mods to the BMP map for the PCV where we leaned it out on the top with BMP Pipe and stock Polaris can we had the last increase of 151.5 hp at 8400 rpm.

We confirmed many conclusions during the dyno session. The first is that Jim's maps from Dynotech are pretty good, safe and relaible. We also confirmed what Jim has told me many times that most of the cans are too free flowing or loose and lose power but safe weight.

As for Bikemans Pipe mods claims of up to 12 hp to a stock pipe on a stock sled they do have good gains but in general it is few and far between. The BMP single pipe in this case did add about 4 hp with tuning help from the pcv but made the power band much more usabl power then the stock pipe with jims map.

I was impressed with Bikeman Performance and did buy one of there ceramic coated pipes. I am happy that my sled is dialed in to go to Cooke City tomorrow but thought I might be closer to 160 hp? My sled still needs to break in so maybe it will increase another 2-3 hp but I will not see 8-9 hp.

Today in MN & WI was a good day for dyno tuning and the air fuel readings running the sled stock is scary lean IMO. The PCV sure brings the sled to safe air fuel levels and the power on the top helps too. I would encourage any one who owns a Polaris 800 CFi with bog, lean, surge issues to save some time and down time costs and buy a PCV.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will post another thread next with the rest of the dyno result pics.

Just added the other pics.

09D8R8.jpg 09D8DynoComps.jpg iphonecw 058.jpg iphonecw 055.jpg iphonecw 060.jpg iphonecw 056.jpg iphonecw 057.jpg

Last edited:
R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
Final Dyno Pics

I must say looking back at the time and energy spent of about $1500 plus for all of this to only get 151.5 hp when Polaris says it is what 154 hp stock? BMP did say all the new AC M8's get 160 hp plus on the dyno. If only the M8 rode like a D8? I will just ride it and enjoy it and the deto light never went off once today and there may of been a little something left on the table but not too much to risk it. The final pics are listed here now including one for all the WI Packer fans.

iphonecw 054.jpg iphonecw 059.jpg iphonecw 057.jpg iphonecw 060.jpg iphonecw 048.JPG

Premium Features