• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big gauge option

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Why didn’t ski doo tell us it also came with extra options of heated bag and electric connection? I would have bit on a big gauge then.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
i took those out. They eat up too much space. I could not get my spare goggles in the glove box until I took out the Doo phone case.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Those may be nice features but not worth the upgrade of the somewhat useless screen.

How is it useless, more functions and the maps work without cell service so far, bigger gauges and more gauges available at the same time.
The BRP go maps is horrible tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
The backed out snow check I ended up buying has the larger gauge. I wouldn’t have ordered the large gauge personally but now after riding my sled a few times with the big gauge I’m glad I have it. It’s in its infancy stage and will only get better through upgrades. For me the gps feature is no big deal, I’ve had Polaris sleds in the past with gps and always have my inreach with me and I never look at the gps. I also use to run garmin rhino radios with a buddy location on them, used it a few times and the novelty wore off pretty quick. The big gauge is clear and clean to look over the smaller doo options.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Anyone with the BRP go app. Go write a review in the App Store what you want to see in future updates. Map layers would be a help, and other features like the Polaris app. The developer will reply back to you.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Just tap bottom middle of the gauge and it will scroll through km/hours/ Trip A km/trip A hours/ trip B km/trip B hours/ blank.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Is there hopes of having this see other sleds? Any chance it’ll see other brands like the polaris or people with the trail tech voyager pro?

W
Dec 24, 2019
How is it useless, more functions and the maps work without cell service so far, bigger gauges and more gauges available at the same time.
The BRP go maps is horrible tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on. I've gone out several times now, and absolutely love the gauge! Really hard going back on another sled with the other types.

And yes, the map function is pretty bad. I finally figured out how to pre-download the maps and then use them in the mountains, but it is pretty much useless. You can enter in your own waypoints, but that could take a lot of time. And how do you sync them across your other mapping software?

Getting a topo map with gpx import/export capabilities, like Gaia would be huge.

Premium Features