• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best place to draw DC power from?

Wait so is the accessory plug in 12v? Is that enough power to put in this box, because it's powering my oil pump and AFR gauge and parcially my fuel pump.

Wait so is the accessory plug in 12v? Is that enough power to put in this box, because it's powering my oil pump and AFR gauge and parcially my fuel pump.

I suspect so, but I don't know what your oil pump and AFR draws. If you put it all on the circuit put a volt meter on the circuit and see what you have for voltage. If it maintains about 12 volts then you probably will be fine.

I don't use the mechanical reverse(diamond lite) on my TM8 so I have all the power from the red/black and red/blue tied together. I don't run an electric oil pump, but I do run an IC fan.

I suspect so, but I don't know what your oil pump and AFR draws. If you put it all on the circuit put a volt meter on the circuit and see what you have for voltage. If it maintains about 12 volts then you probably will be fine.

I don't use the mechanical reverse(diamond lite) on my TM8 so I have all the power from the red/black and red/blue tied together. I don't run an electric oil pump, but I do run an IC fan.

Ill check it tomorrow and if it seems good ill hook it all up and start the damn thing finally. Thinking a capacitor might be a good idea no matter what just to be safe.

Shane sells a capacitor fuel pump wire kit with a capacitor for 60$ I couldnd get it to work with what I was doing.. sell the capacitor cheap.. send me a pm if you want it..

A guy can always borrow power from the speedo sensor power wire.. its red with a blue strip.. and the black is ground.. I went rounds with this last year.. send me a pm with your phone number and I will walk you through it..

Jim

Last edited:
Alright so I just went to check my wires just to be sure... And the accessory wire on my sled has resistance between the positive and negative, and the positive and my chassi, does that mean my wire is shorting somewhere or is this wire for some reason supposed to have resistance?

Also Polarisrocks (Jim) give me a few days to see if I can figure it out with what I have but I might just take you up on that offer.

Alright so I just went to check my wires just to be sure... And the accessory wire on my sled has resistance between the positive and negative, and the positive and my chassi, does that mean my wire is shorting somewhere or is this wire for some reason supposed to have resistance?

Also Polarisrocks (Jim) give me a few days to see if I can figure it out with what I have but I might just take you up on that offer.

If you are measuring a low resistance like 1-5 ohms then you are probably measuring all of the other loads in that DC circuit.

Also, I'm pretty sure the cat CCU has a capacitor built in to it. I really don't think you need to use it.

As an example I used a bridge on an m7 turbo. I didn't bother with a cap and I ran a fuel pump and aem o2 a whole season with no probs at all.

Have you talked to Dakota Performance yet? I would bet they will get you straightened out in a couple minutes on the phone. Every kit I have seen or read the instructions for uses the acc plug to power some part of the turbo kit.

Well it still didnt start, Ill give Jeff a call ASAP but im starting to get fed up with this box, if all else fails I might just run the attitude/push box it comes with.

Ignore that last comment... After I wired the box into the ACC plug I forgot that I was messing around with a different wire and accidentally left it unplugged. Plugged it back in and the sled started after 4 pulls, its late out though so I didnt run it much but long enough to know it runs. Tomorrow ill build some boost in the garage

Premium Features

Back