• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best place to draw DC power from?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
So on 2010 cats they have a voltage regulator which has a connector coming off of it which im supposed to wire my fuel pressure accelerator into for DC power. But 2007s dont have a volatge regulator hence also not having the connector I need to plug into. Anyone know where else I can get DC power from to power this?

Sled is a 2007 M8 Push Turbo, the turbo kit is coming off of a 2010 which is why im having this issue.

Might have to buy the cat regulator. My kit for my 12 an my buddies 10. Came with an arctic cat regulator with its own fuses u plugged into the stock harness an then draw power from there. For running the more amp fuel pump,oil pump,gauges etc.....

It should have an accessory plug up behind the steering post.

But, I don't know if it's ac or dc now that I think about it.

On thing you could do is get a rectifier and put it in. About $5 at Radio Shack.

Thunder

It should have an accessory plug up behind the steering post.

But, I don't know if it's ac or dc now that I think about it.

On thing you could do is get a rectifier and put it in. About $5 at Radio Shack.

Thunder

Mine was right below the key switch, but. I'm unsure also if it's ac or dc. I know on my twisted kit I plugged that accessory plug into a capacitor and then a rectifier was wired in after that.

Ok so clearly a rectifier is in my future, when searching it up looks like theres a few different styles, anyone have a link or a picture of the type id want? Also what type of capacitor are you running? One more thing when I look behind my steering post there I dont see the accessory plug for the tether as its listed on the parts diagram. But I have one empty connector right near there, its the one that is all rubber, like instead of the accessory plug that has the two mixed ends. Anyone know what thats for and if I could use that?

http://www.arcticcatpartsnation.com...5/headlight-instruments-and-wiring-assemblies

Picture shows that connector, 17 is the tether accessory and then beside that is the key then that connector.

You can get power off the stock fuel pump but I would highly recommend getting the cat converter. I have the pn for the kit I can get for you if you want it.

This pressure accelerator plugs into the stock fuel pump power plug then goes through the pressure accelerator and then back to the fuel pump. But it also has two plugs that go inbetween the cat voltage regulator plugs that come out of it. Even if I got the voltage regulator from cat where would the other end wire into?

You can get power off the stock fuel pump but I would highly recommend getting the cat converter. I have the pn for the kit I can get for you if you want it.

I believe the stock fuel pump is AC. That is why the high output pump that the twisted kit requires the rectifier to get it back to DC power. (Again I think)

Shane used this rectifier.
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=GBPC25005

GBPC25005 Bridge Rectifier.

Thunder

Last edited:
So on 2010 cats they have a voltage regulator which has a connector coming off of it which im supposed to wire my fuel pressure accelerator into for DC power. But 2007s dont have a volatge regulator hence also not having the connector I need to plug into. Anyone know where else I can get DC power from to power this?

Sled is a 2007 M8 Push Turbo, the turbo kit is coming off of a 2010 which is why im having this issue.

The 2007/08 Cat uses all DC. There is no AC(except what feeds the CCU) The CCU make DC and supplies it to everything that uses power. There are two circuits that Cat uses. One supplies the lights and heaters. The other supplies the control stuff like ECU, Power valves, etc. When the reverse is used it steals the DC from the lights, they are shut off so you don't want to use that circuit.

I am not familiar with a "fuel pressure accelerator" so I am not sure what the heck that is and how you would wire it.

The stock fuel pump circuit is DC on any Cat, but very little power, so I would suggest that you don't use it for much. I also believe it is unregulated and relies on the constant load of a fuel pump to keep the voltage in range.

The kit from cat is p/n 5639-258 I use this on my M6 RG turbo plenty of power for gauges, fuel pumps and everything else

I was told by the pervious owner that I need to run this fuel pressure accelerator because im using the PCV fuel controller, I need to just give Jeff a call since the stuff came originally from him. Cause right now the thing is wired into my fuel pump on both ends and into my oil pump so im powering that too from this box. Clearly the fuel pump isnt enough to power this box which is why it needs the other plugs.

Mine was right below the key switch, but. I'm unsure also if it's ac or dc. I know on my twisted kit I plugged that accessory plug into a capacitor and then a rectifier was wired in after that.

So im planning on doing mine similar to this, does anyone know what size of capacitor I need? I will also be running a AFR off of it... So thats the plan anyways. And why would I need a rectifier if the circuit is already DC? Or do I need one at all?

Yeah I saw that, if anyone has any idea what capacitor/capacitor size I need let me know.

Lots of good info here guys thanks!

Yeah I saw that, if anyone has any idea what capacitor/capacitor size I need let me know.

Lots of good info here guys thanks!

Guys, you only need a rectifier and capacitor if you only have AC power (05,06,09,10,11, etc). On the 07 all the power is DC. I wish I could remember the wire colors, I think it's a red/blue that's 12VDC +, the negative is black.

Premium Features

Back