• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Mod i have ever done so far!!! pics

R
Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake
Hey guys just wanted to give my input on the Rear skid install on my 09 XP.
Had a few xp's out a couple weeks ago when the snow was deep and did some comparing. The stockers would continually trench and lift the skis too high and lose all forward momentum. The racer's edge setup would continually out climb and leave half the trench on the hill. Everyone was amazed at the difference. It also handles like a race car on the trails. This is the most fun all around sled i have rode so far and i have had a few pretty wicked mods.
I tried a few different clutch setups and am now back to stock except for a softer start on the primary spring and pulls 47-49mph all day in waist deep. even still running the stock 21th top gear.
Really made a difference after a few tanks of gas.
P.S. 400miles on original belt!!

Anyway here's a couple pics.

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

And she really likes it too!!!!
IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Last edited:
I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I talked to a guy a while back who rides with some sleds with these. When i told him i had a xp i asked whats the musthaves as far as he knew. He said the GOTAHAVE is this skid mod. It is over 2000 , id love to see one run before i tossed my visa on the table.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake
I talked to a guy a while back who rides with some sleds with these. When i told him i had a xp i asked whats the musthaves as far as he knew. He said the GOTAHAVE is this skid mod. It is over 2000 , id love to see one run before i tossed my visa on the table.

I was never a beleiver in the skids making much difference specially for the price but this really works well. back end stays up all the time and it just flat out climbs better, and can take a beating too. We have it in four out of seven new XP`s this year and it is night and day with vs without.

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
mod

what all is changed out from the stock, looks like diff. bracketson the rails and new coil over shock with a new arm, is it a kit that you did or did they put it together for you
giddyup

Premium Features