• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Dealer Ship

A
Nov 30, 2007
Valley CC has taken good care of me but dont expect any discounts from them. I've spent over 12k this year and pay full price for everything. I'm even a nice guy!

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
+2 for team cc in the river....stay far far away from the idiots out in the valley. Hal in eagle river will go out of his way to help you out, and Jay in service got me a new short block when my top end went...(stewart should have gone there..he he he)

A
Dec 13, 2007
Wasilla
OK, not to hi-jack the thread, but How are the Cat and Polaris dealerships ?
I am fed up with Ski-Doo as a company and their dealers. Thinking real hard about the 09 Cats. Who's the best dealer for them ?
I have heard a lot of good things about Paul and his crew at Eagle River Polaris Arctic Cat.

Anybody have any feedback ?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I am fed up with Ski-Doo as a company and their dealers. Thinking real hard about the 09 Cats. Who's the best dealer for them ?
I have heard a lot of good things about Paul and his crew at Eagle River Polaris Arctic Cat.

I bought 3 polaris's from them..have had each sled in once for minor things...handwarmer on my D-8, oil tank on my sons 600ho rmk and clutch align on daughters 550 trail rmk..been treated great so far...

P
Feb 15, 2008
ok thats sounding like definatly no valley dealer and mining and diving wasnt exactly speedy on my last times it was in the shop but other wise pretty good any thing elese on the mining and diving dealer and what they did 2 help but team cc is sounding really good

S

sassymae

Jan 1, 2008
ANC
Polaris Shop in Eagle River

I wouldn't spend my hard earn cash at Paul's place. I drop off my sled for some minor problems and when I pick it up I needed a new belt,new this and that. I question the bill and his reply was it will all wash out in the wash. I called his place for a price on trailers and the guy answer the phone said no we don't carry them.BS

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK

If looking only at Cat, I've had great service from ASAC and Wasilla AC. Out of all the Cat dealers, Wasilla seems to stock the most parts.

G
Dec 1, 2007
Girdwood, Alaska
For polaris I go to Hatchers,they always have helped me out.

I have had horrid experiences with AMDS, I will never spend another cent there. I am going to get my sled next year from Washington.

Would be awsome if Anch had a good polaris and ski doo dealership....

High Life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW Montana
Anchorage AC

If looking only at Cat, I've had great service from ASAC and Wasilla AC. Out of all the Cat dealers, Wasilla seems to stock the most parts.

I'll second that. Brad at Anchorage AC will go out of his way for ya and always willing go help ya out with whatever. He is a busy guy but never forgets about you. Wasilla AC seems ok, only dealt with them a couple times but treated me well.

W
I've had decent luck with ER Arctic Cat Polaris, but know of others who haven't. Main problem I have with ER Polaris is that every time you take your sled in for something, no matter how minor, it takes 2 weeks to get it fixed. Also, they usually lack for parts, accessories, etc. They went for a couple weeks without goggles (except youth sizes). Just easy for me to go down there living in ER plus I've bought 2 sleds from them. I feel like I can deal with these guys though.

I've looked at sleds at CC in ER and wasn't impressed with the sales guys knowledge of their own sleds. I knew more about their sleds from checking out the internet than the sales guy did. I have had good luck with others at team CC. Also, like the accessories and stuff at team CC. Guess where I bought the goggles.

I've tried talking with someone at Marita Sea and Ski and was put off with the sales guys arrogance.

Never dealt with AMDS.

I've had great service from the Arctic Cat dealer in North Anchorage. Mainly buying odds and ends and stuff for my Suzuki atv.

P
Feb 15, 2008
yea i was going cat or doo but i think im going doo and amds cause my friend actually isnt moving yet and he works there hes more of a boats guy but always finds ways 2 help us

A

ak m8

Dec 3, 2007
Chugiak, AK

I have nothing but good to say about Wasilla Arctic Cat. I bought a M8 last year from them. I have had nothing but awsome service on a few minor warrenty issues with a quick turnaround. I have never missed out on riding because of it being in the shop. I also got the best price around. Talk to Robert. He will treat you right.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Palmer
Check out Big lake Arctic cat. Mike and Karen have gone out of their way to help me out. They can also get firearms and at good price's.

I am a yamaha guy but I have been thinking about switching because of the lack of service and knowledge.

A
Dec 11, 2007
Seward
How about service at marita sea & ski. I have gotten good info from Mitch over the phone. He has always been helpfull and taken the time to point me in the right direction. But now I need to send the sled in for some work inside the engine. How is there shop work? Any info about their techs???

A
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
Wasilla AC is the wasy to go. Robert is a good guy and repairs have a very quik turn around. He has a few 09 cats in-stock including a few m8's. They look purdy. They have the most parts in stock that I've been to also. Oh and the 08 cats have like a $1,500 rebate even on the sno-pro m8 and 1k's.

P
Jan 8, 2008
aK
How about service at marita sea & ski. I have gotten good info from Mitch over the phone. He has always been helpfull and taken the time to point me in the right direction. But now I need to send the sled in for some work inside the engine. How is there shop work? Any info about their techs???

Mitch has turned over a new leaf. I think you would be better off making the drive to Willow though.

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
AMDS:

Sales: Talk to Nick O, red hair, can't miss him. Don't expect a deal unless its the million dollar garage sale or summer.

Parts: Talk to Steve Kenny. He will get you the right parts the first time - will even tell you what will work on your sled if your part number isn't in stock for your sled. I get a discount, but can never manage to walk out of there without dropping at least one bill.

Service:
I blew my motor in my 06 Renegade early December. Had warranty issues because my reverse beeper was removed, i had a can, and was running blue marble oil. Due to the low miles(around 300), they eventually got BRP to cover it. Picked it up four weeks later. I try to do my own work no matter how big/small, due to the delays at every shop in or around anchorage.

If you need parts I always check Alaska Snowmachine Salvage first, unbelievable prices for virtually new parts. For best bet ask for Bryan, he is a young buck but has the knowledge of an old timer who hasn't missed a beat since John Deers were rippin. :p

Damn i just dropped some serious knowledge. :light:

Premium Features