• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 850 with Alpha Mono rail... Making history for 2020

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I don't want to derail but must correct this statement. The elevate kit reduces pressure on the front of the skid on the Alpha, believe me, stock setup is much worse. I feel Ice Age didn't test enough with rear skid geometry on the Alpha, they just copied the twin rail changes. In theory, that should work however, Cat didn't do all their homework with the suspension geometry and shock lengths on the Alpha.

Sent it

Oh, I must have misread your posts about you moving your skid back up to the stock upper hole vs the lower hole on the front mounting location in the tunnel with the elevate kit.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Oh, I must have misread your posts about you moving your skid back up to the stock upper hole vs the lower hole on the front mounting location in the tunnel with the elevate kit.
I probably did not write it correctly. It is obvious that ur post was referring to my posts ,the reason why I felt i should correct the information.
Installing the elevate kit as directed does not make the rail set parallel to the Ground. It is however, much better than stock. I believe we can make it better I am just sharing my ideas testing and results.

Sent it

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I almost did this to my Khaos. Wanted to see how the alpha skid would work in a polaris. Owning my alpha made me think twice. I love the alpha on open terrain like in your video, but in super tight technical stuff the twin rail is so much better. I’d much rather have my twin rail cat or Polaris in tight trees on step terrain. The twin rail is just way more precise. The alpha, at least In the cat chassis, tends to go where it wants and boost makes it worse. I do believe the 3” alpha track is by far the best track ever made and would love to have an alpha track on my Khaos.

J
Dec 23, 2018
I almost did this to my Khaos. Wanted to see how the alpha skid would work in a polaris. Owning my alpha made me think twice. I love the alpha on open terrain like in your video, but in super tight technical stuff the twin rail is so much better. I’d much rather have my twin rail cat or Polaris in tight trees on step terrain. The twin rail is just way more precise. The alpha, at least In the cat chassis, tends to go where it wants and boost makes it worse. I do believe the 3” alpha track is by far the best track ever made and would love to have an alpha track on my Khaos.
I couldn't agree more. In certain snow conditions the alpha will lay the hurt on any stock sled and even some boosted ones. The traction that thing gets is second to none. The handling characteristics were not for me. The thing is way too sensitive to throttle input when in a sidehill. That track on my axys would be the perfect sled in my opinion. It would be precise and climb anything you point it at. Just pulled the trigger on a powerclaw, so I'm curious to see how that works in my 850

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
Here is the new skid location. I moved the front up and back, the rear was moved down and back. Sled sits so much better and shouldn't wheelie so bad and should climb much better. Ill have more videos and pics on the 25th. Ill be in McBride testing.
image0.png

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Can you post a close up pick of the front and rear suspension arm mount locations? Akk LOI so, does it sit higher now? Looks like the running boards are higher off the snow than a stock skid would be.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
that looks so badass, that should be the new option for polaris 2021. ultimate powder sled, power to weight and traction! id bet the traction of that track will make it a wheely just about no matter what. looks super fun on those turn outs. i would love one!

Premium Features