• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 850 with Alpha Mono rail... Making history for 2020

That is the coolest thing I've seen in years!! That isn't the power claw track its the new alpha track I don't know what its called? Is it called a power claw as well? Anyways, my question is can I get that track for my polaris skid or do you have to change it to an alpha skid? Anyway I could just pick up that track and a set of drivers?
The answer is, yes u can. But it will be a lot of work.
U will have to cut out the windows and put clips on the track for the twin rail. U will also have to cut down or remove the center clips as they will hit ur shocks.

I am contemplating this for my Alpha so, i can swap single and twin rail skids for the current conditions.

Sent it

How's the ride height in the rear looking compared to the stock Polaris skid? Any changes going to be needed up front to compensate?

No. It won't fit an Axys. Alpha is 3.5" pitch track...that's why RedDragon is getting custom driver's built. The 2.6" poo track is 2.86 pitch and 3" is 3.00.

RD...Hope you get some seat time on that beast and give us some feed back.....very cool ;)

OTM

This kit will be very expensive. The drivers and drop bracket are the cheap part, the mono rail skid, track and shocks aren't cheap. Going to be in that $5500 CAD range. You can offset those costs by selling your stock set up. but its still expensive.

Looks great! Any feedback compared to the stocker? Looks a bit more wheelie happy, but I bet if you messed with the limiter/shock setup it you could find a happy middle ground.

Off topic but it seems like the twin piped sled wasn't that impressive...

lol Its not really, but to be fair there is a 260 pound rider with a bag full of tools and a complete secondary clutch in the bag. But yeah not to impressed so far.

Looks great! Any feedback compared to the stocker? Looks a bit more wheelie happy, but I bet if you messed with the limiter/shock setup it you could find a happy middle ground.

Off topic but it seems like the twin piped sled wasn't that impressive...

The handling of the sled is so easy and fun. It wheelies bad as the way we bolted the skid in was the best we could do without making any new brackets. The front of the track hits the floor way ahead of the rear of the skid, so we knew it would transfer bad. There will be new drop brackets made this weekend and then we will be out testing the following weekend.

The twins are a disappointment. My stock 850 was pulling 8250 all day. We put the same clutching in with the twins and it wouldn't pull RPM. He was running some C12 in with premium fuel which might have been a mistake. We are going to try them on the next weekend as well with straight 91 pump gas and see if they get any better.

The handling of the sled is so easy and fun. It wheelies bad as the way we bolted the skid in was the best we could do without making any new brackets. The front of the track hits the floor way ahead of the rear of the skid, so we knew it would transfer bad. There will be new drop brackets made this weekend and then we will be out testing the following weekend.

The twins are a disappointment. My stock 850 was pulling 8250 all day. We put the same clutching in with the twins and it wouldn't pull RPM. He was running some C12 in with premium fuel which might have been a mistake. We are going to try them on the next weekend as well with straight 91 pump gas and see if they get any better.

Thanks for the feedback. So if I understand you right, the front of the skid has more contact pressure than the rear? Could you raise the front of the skid in the tunnel more or do you have tunnel clearance issues there? Sounds like a similar issue the alpha guys are having with the new Ice Age Elevate kits, too much front skid pressure where the back of the skid is lifted up basically.

And thanks for the input on the twins, I am glad I waited to see how they run. I think the tune is super fat from people locally that have ran them and also if any snow gets on the pipes it cools them down quickly. One guys said he put a skid plate to help cover up the hole in the belly pan where the blocker plate was removed to fit the pipes and that made it run much crisper and clean.

Sounds like a similar issue the alpha guys are having with the new Ice Age Elevate kits, too much front skid pressure where the back of the skid is lifted up basically.

I don't want to derail but must correct this statement. The elevate kit reduces pressure on the front of the skid on the Alpha, believe me, stock setup is much worse. I feel Ice Age didn't test enough with rear skid geometry on the Alpha, they just copied the twin rail changes. In theory, that should work however, Cat didn't do all their homework with the suspension geometry and shock lengths on the Alpha.

Sent it

Premium Features

Back