• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are You Always Prepared???

Huh?

You've been to my house on crutches... probably more than once.

And I seem to remember some nasty bike get offs over the past couple of years.

sled_guy

Crutches only once. And that was a bike thing. But that was seriously my first real injury. Well if you don't include having 3 kids. lol!!!! :face-icon-small-win I think the bike injury lingered on because I wouldn't accept I was hurt and did it in September, rode all winter and then finally went and got it checked out in February that year. Then I was out all last summer with only hiking to do. You think i'd be a pro at that and not fall the first time out this year. haha.. Not sure what my problem is. :face-icon-small-ton

I think it's Ron that your confusing all the injuries with. :behindsofa:

Glad you made it out!! Pretty sure the shock would have gotten the best of my wife... Or maybe even me!! Would a small basic first aid kit been of any help to you?

Maybe 5 yrs ago Rockstar, Browntrout, and me went riding wheelers...In classic Rockstar style he wiped it hard on a rocky hill. Got back on the wheeler and rode it down to the trail and was ok right up until he took his shirt off to look if his arm was ok. HUGE gash with bone showing!!! Right then Browntrout said Doug may go into shock and there it was NIGHT NIGHT Doug! I of course freaked out!!! Tried my cell nothing. Eric was calm and cool and calmed me down and said we wouldnt need a chopper!! Doug woke up after just a minute or 2 and ended up riding out on his own wheeler then Eric drove him to ER where he got like 40 stitches and a drain tube so the infection could drain. I honestly don't remember what we had for first aid but the key factor in that incident was Eric being calm and cool!!

I always have a small first aid kit sledden and wheelen and a large one in the trailer, truck, boat, and camper but until now I haven't taken one hiking:)

Also after spending the longest day of my life when my buddy broke his back sledden in WY I always carry some PX strength pain meds in my first aid kit. He laid there for at least 4 hours until duner got back from the truck with some meds and they only started taking the edge off right about the time the life flight landed.

PS I am so glad it was you and not one of the kids. What a nightmare that would have been for everyone involved!!!

HUH, I wonder who hasn't rode with Doug and seen him go nighty night? We had the pleasure of fishing him out of a creek where he had decided to take a nap face down in 6 or so inches of water!!! Once we got him blinking again we were all impressed with the 6 inch gash in the back of his head. I have to say skull looks much different than I had imagined! Gotta give it to him though, he rode his sled out that day too!

Glad your OK Janet, you are one tuff lady!!! I don't think Blake could have taken it :face-icon-small-win :face-icon-small-win

I'm not sure I wanna hang out with you two hurt peeps anymore!!!!!:nono:

LOL!!!!! Golly girl! Get healed up.........bike season is comin right up!!!!!!! Get healed up lady!!!!! AND NO MORE BROKEN, HURT, INJURED BODIES FROM EITHER OF YOU.............GO KNOCK ON WOOD RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!! I'm not joking..............

Thanks for sharing the xray!! I am an injury junkie....always have a first aid kit so that I get to take a look at things before I tape 'em up. Perhaps that is why I am in medical school? I hope I get to spend my entire life working on stuff like this!

Anyway, I did that same thing to two fingers of mine in high school football. The main difference is that I didn't fully break the skin open (big difference mind you). A pop back in from the trainer, a lot of tape, and back in we go! Still hurt like stink....

Tough cookie for sure :heart:... I was glad to hear the damage wasn't as bad as originally thought... Get well soon... Snow is still awaiting :face-icon-small-coo... We had a great ride today!!! :face-icon-small-hap

Tough cookie for sure :heart:... I was glad to hear the damage wasn't as bad as originally thought... Get well soon... Snow is still awaiting :face-icon-small-coo... We had a great ride today!!! :face-icon-small-hap

And the pics to prove this will be posted when????????????????????:face-icon-small-dis

you guys need to find a surgeon to ride, hike and boat with! i have and it's saved me a lot of time and $. you ought to think about that.:face-icon-small-ton

p.s. if it ever gives you fits, my father-in-law is an amazing hand surgeon.

Jeeze! I swear, it's like every week or two, one or the other of you is jacked up in some way or another!

YOU ARE HARD CORE!!!

Stop making us all look like puzzies!!!

HUH, I wonder who hasn't rode with Doug and seen him go nighty night? We had the pleasure of fishing him out of a creek where he had decided to take a nap face down in 6 or so inches of water!!! Once we got him blinking again we were all impressed with the 6 inch gash in the back of his head. I have to say skull looks much different than I had imagined! Gotta give it to him though, he rode his sled out that day too!

OMH!!! Another doug story? No wonder he doesn't leave the house anymore.:face-icon-small-win sorry doug. lmao!!!!

Wow GP! I'm glad you're ok. That looked nasty. Way to be tough. Especially with your kids in tow. You two are the definition of hardcore LOL.

You have have to change your avatar to that xray. So bada$$

Wow GP! I'm glad you're ok. That looked nasty. Way to be tough. Especially with your kids in tow. You two are the definition of hardcore LOL.

You have have to change your avatar to that xray. So bada$$

now you sound like ron. this better?? haha. i had it changed sunday but hadn't felt good enough to type the story til a few days after. it is a pretty cool xray ;)

No, its Bell Canyon Res. It leaves from the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon. The Res. was super low but normally pretty and full. There is a waterfall about 1-1/2 miles past the Res. and then another Res a few miles past that. Super cool place for day hiking.

http://www.utah.com/thingtodo27110.htm

Looks sweet, will have to take the Fam up there. Thanks

Wait a few weeks and don't forget the first aid kit. :face-icon-small-blu

I should have known something was up when I saw people with their ski poles and some hikers adding grippers to their hiking shoes.. :face-icon-small-con

I would love to go do it again. Let us know when you go, maybe we can join you. :face-icon-small-coo

so glad to here your ok.
i know what its like to be hurt in the mountains
back in the 80`s i was up christmas medows trail head
ride my horse with my dad and son, we where just getting to the top
of the mountain about 7:30 pm when we crossed a little creek.
i was packing my 22 cal gun and decided to take a shot from my horse.
not a good thing to do.
my horse started bucking and the gun went of again shooting me
in the gut and out the bottom of my leg.
we also had no first aid kit,
needless to say pinto my horse packed me back down the mountain in the dark, he allways new his way back to the truck.
well its time to go
my ride is here to get me
going sleding today
say hi to ron

so glad to here your ok.
i know what its like to be hurt in the mountains
back in the 80`s i was up christmas medows trail head
ride my horse with my dad and son, we where just getting to the top
of the mountain about 7:30 pm when we crossed a little creek.
i was packing my 22 cal gun and decided to take a shot from my horse.
not a good thing to do.
my horse started bucking and the gun went of again shooting me
in the gut and out the bottom of my leg.
we also had no first aid kit,
needless to say pinto my horse packed me back down the mountain in the dark, he allways new his way back to the truck.
well its time to go
my ride is here to get me
going sleding today
say hi to ron

Good lord and well lesson learned. :face-icon-small-sho

We expect a ride report from you later!!!! :face-icon-small-hap

Second weekend we've stayed home. that's a record for us. :face-icon-small-blu

Premium Features

Back