• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arc'teryx Stingray "Soft Shell" Pants

S

Superjag

Jan 30, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Never tried those pants, but I've had other Arcteryx products (Theta jacket, Sidwinder jacket). If the pants are made anything like the jackets, you will NOT be disappointed. Construction on this stuff is top notch (as is the price tag). Customer service has been spectacular for me as well.

Now, start your stop watch and time until someone comes along and tells you not to buy their stuff because they give to greenies. (I actually have no idea whether or not they do, but that is the path these threads usually take...)

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
I had the soft shell bibs for a while and my only ***** about the first gen soft shell was they let too much wind through. the newer ones seem to use a more windstopper style fabric. They are very flexible and shed snow/moisture well and you should be very happy. I use a Theta SV Jacket and Alpha SV bibs or my one piece on cold or wet days and the performance of both could not be better.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
The Arcterx folks are very cool and do not oppose sleds or sledders. Many of them are back country skiers and boarders that rely on sleds to get to there favorite spot. I sold a sled to one of their marking guys and asked him their position of sledders. He said we don't necessarily support them but love to share the hills with them.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
ArcTeryx makes bomber stuff. You will be dry and warm and they will breathe great. My only concern would be will they hold up to sledding. I ride with a number of guys that wear their ArcTeryx shells riding and they have held up great but they all wear klim pants because they seem to use tougher material that holds up to sledding.

B
Nov 26, 2007
I think you will like them in all but the wettest of conditions. Soft shells definitely breath much better than any of other membrane styles. Another plus is Arcteryx makes stuff for the military too!

Premium Features