• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

April 11 pics - 131

A

AKboondocker

Rode with Rev Guy and Insane today. Had a great ride once again. Good sunlight, good snow and good company.

The photo with my sled off the rock was my 2nd hit and the the sled loaded up after I climbed back up and as I was turning around it died somehow as I was heading towards the edge. It was too steep to stop and I wasnt going over with the sled shut off so I had to bail and watch it go off the edge. Nose dived and flipped over once then landed sideways. No damage so Im happy. I think Josh may have one of me on top of the rock looking down at the sled.

April11096.jpg

April11092.jpg

April11093.jpg

April11094.jpg

april11091.jpg

April11097.jpg

April11095.jpg

April11098.jpg

Looks like some good spring riding & still soft enough to to roll a sled on.:D It would be nice to ride but the 800 burned down a couple of weeks
ago. Good to see everyone still riding and by the looks of it there's plenty for another month.

Good stuff! We were on the other side of the HWY today and it wasnt nearly that good as what you guys had! still more snow for a while..

:cool:

If there are trees there, Insane will find them, the only guy I know who will find trees to ride in, on a Glacier ride.

Is that pile of Kevlar there in the one photo......?:D

Yeah he was the one climbing and sitting there on the xp.

I think I need a new throttle cable it's a bit stretched from freezing earlier this year. Think it's messing with my TPS. Just finished rebuilding my secondary so should pull pretty well now.

Your TPS should be on your throttle bodies, attached to the end of the shaft the cable attaches to. The only thing a stretched cable should do is alter the amount of slack your cable has at idle, and maybe prohibit full WOT operation. It can also throw out your oil ratio a bit too, if its stretched between the split and your T-B's. I think (if I remember right) yours froze up by the flipper, so it shouldnt matter that much.

Tape it to the bars, and check if you get any more rotation on the linkage on the T-B's. If you cant get any more rotation, then your good to go.

Glad you got her back together. Any more problems with that one screw?

Last edited:
Actually the cable housing is split near the throttle block, plus it's kinked near the TB. Thanks, but a throttle cable is what I need. The techs at AC seem to think so too. Yes, I got the screw cap off with a cold chisel then used vise grips on the shaft after I removed the sheaves. The real PIA was getting the roller pins out.

Does anyone know how much of toksitna is open or how the ice is @ swan lake. I'm heading there tomarow on a recon mission, probably goin to the kroto creek parking lot.

Premium Features

Back