• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any opinions on this?

N
Dec 24, 2007
Sammamish
I know there are a lot of die hard guys on here that only like what they have. I am wondering what people think of an 05 Rev 800HO 159. I have read that they are difficult to tip compared to some other sleds, and that you have to "muscle" them over.

Any info. is appreciated. Thanks

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
There wicked and easy to ride, take out the swaybar. I had an 05 159x, was a super fun sled to rip on. Get the good Y pipe bolts, SLP prefilter, foot board brace and your off to the races.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
i have an 04 Rev with a 151 and it is the best handling sled i have ever riden! it is very easy to throw around and carve with...BUT the sway bar is gone. i have ridden one with the sway bar in and it was harder to tip and didnt handle as well...that is just what i thought. other than that i LOVE my sled and it has been nuthing but fun for me!

B
Dec 21, 2006
Still one of the better Ski Doo's to have. Didn't have all the clutch problems of the newer Doo's. If the price is right, jump on it.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I have an 05 800 and it is a blast. Very reliable and easy to ride.

still ride with the sway bars and no problem laying it over

G
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I ride w/ a guy that has a 159 and I am very impressed with the REV chassis with that track under it. My opinion is the '05 is still the best year for the REV 800. Like Darko said, junk the sway bar, take care of the Y-pipe, filter cover, and then ride it like you borrowed it from your ex wife.

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
I don't even like ski-doos..they don't fit my style of riding. But, I can say this, I ride with the above mentioned sled and am super impressed. They don't seem to have near the problems of the new xp and my buddy that rides one keeps up with me all day long on my m10. When the powder is over the windshield his does better because the 1000 is bogging our starving for air.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
HaHa who ever told ya there difficult to to tip and need muscle to ride should go back to a Elan!! If your thinking of getting one fill your boots,there a great sled. EASY to ride and great power. To tell ya the honest truth,a well maintained 05 06 rev clutched right will hold its own to the new sleds in its class.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
IMO. I'm coming off an 06 159 Rev (totaled). Now going to an 09 D8 163. I'm a little nervous cuz my wife rides an 07 D7 155 and that thing damn near tips over when you tell it to. My Rev so far by far, is the best sled I have ever owned. Buy it and ride it. And don't go off a jumps and land on one of these Polaris things.
Picture685.jpg

C
Nov 28, 2007
MT/DC
listen to these guys about the sway bar and get that thing OFF if ya buy it! you didnt buy a 159 to ride trails...i made a big deal out of it, and now my REV carves sooo sooo much better...

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
http://media.putfile.com/2007-12-24-Buff-Pass-Dans-Cam
-sorry for so many slow mos...they looked cool at teh time, but i put a few too many in there..lol-

granted it was 3-4 ft of fresh pow...so of course carving was easy. :D

carving in "setup snow" is tougher...as in i feel much less comfy sidehilling/carving on a rev in setup snow than i did on say a ZX chassis (which is all i had to compare to).
The rev seems tougher to balance and hold a continuous carve when not using the throttle to assist...doing the real slow slide/carves w/o track spinning is tougher..

tough to explain.. in the end, the rev is a great sled and chassis and a blast to ride. i'll miss it.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Track width makes a huge difference. Being 16" wide it wants to make the sled correct itself and stand back up. This is one of reasons the Rev will out climb a Dragon, but the Dragon will carve with no effort.
For me- I would still go with a wider track, but my new Dragon will be a Boondocking riot.
Where's my sled?????????????????????????

Premium Features