• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any old school mountain ski doo's??

Thunder guy... Since you've taken a P-85 in to get bushed for your crank , you can either take him the jackshaft and your cat sec. and tell em to "make it work"... Or as stated earlier , Take steel shimstock and cut a piece ( probably 6 thou.) that wraps onto the shaft where the clutch rides ( stopping it at the keyway of course).. Then the stepped key is needed cuz the doo keeyway is larger than that of the keyway in the cat.

This one was taken to a buddy who built it up an re-cut it for the cat sec. then re-cut a new keyway slot... More expensive but if you know someone who's a machinist it shouldn't cost too much and you won't have to worry about changing out worn shimstock..

Once you get er on there , judging from your combination you wouldn't be too far off with using the following. Red with white stripe spring (middle position) , Straight 49-50 helix , and go from there.

picture.php

Last edited:
Thunder guy... Since you've taken a P-85 in to get bushed for your crank , you can either take him the jackshaft and your cat sec. and tell em to "make it work"... Or as stated earlier , Take steel shimstock and cut a piece ( probably 6 thou.) that wraps onto the shaft where the clutch rides ( stopping it at the keyway of course).. Then the stepped key is needed cuz the doo keeyway is larger than that of the keyway in the cat.

This one was taken to a buddy who built it up an re-cut it for the cat sec. then re-cut a new keyway slot... More expensive but if you know someone who's a machinist it shouldn't cost too much and you won't have to worry about changing out worn shimstock..

Once you get er on there , judging from your combination you wouldn't be too far off with using the following. Red with white stripe spring (middle position) , Straight 49-50 helix , and go from there.

picture.php

Thanks man!!
Would chad at Cr racing do able to do that?
What did you do?

J

I am in the process of chaging out my 151 X 2 inch track to a 159 X 16 X 2.25 inch track on my 97 summit. I would post pictures but the camera is giving me fits. Man am I excited about pulling the trigger with the new track in the powder.

my backup sled

my back up sled: 1997 670 summit twin crank shop pipes, 19/43 gearing, cat roller secondary, 151 track.

005.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg

I am in the process of chaging out my 151 X 2 inch track to a 159 X 16 X 2.25 inch track on my 97 summit. I would post pictures but the camera is giving me fits. Man am I excited about pulling the trigger with the new track in the powder.

I have a 159''x15''x2'' finger track that i was going to put on but i think ill keep that one for spring! Going to try and find a 159''x15''x2.5 powder track!!!(i would have bought one instead of the finger track but there was no room, but after i get every thing powder coated iam going to roll the chain case to fit 2.5 lugs!

J:rolleyes:

Here are some pictures of my 97 summit with the new 159x16x2.25 track and tunnel extension. I also showed a picture of the drop brackets I built.

rev track 1good.jpg rev track 4good.jpg rev track 5drop bracket.jpg

Does anyone maybe have a lightweght hood for a s-2000 chasis they would like to sell? Also here is a picture of the whole sled.

rev track 3.jpg

That aint a picture of the whole sled, show us that triple under there:D:beer;.
You gonna come ride a turbo XP when I come to Idaho this season? I'll trade ya sleds for the day;).

Dave

Does anyone maybe have a lightweght hood for a s-2000 chasis they would like to sell? Also here is a picture of the whole sled.

Yea I know I should be showing the tripple off but it is a sleeper until you start the sled. I think the extra track should really help get the sled around in the powder. When are you coming and where you gonna ride at? I would gladly let you ride it for a day in exchange to ride a turbo xp. Hope your business propositions are working well for you.

Premium Features

Back