• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anchorage truck dealerships

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
Kind of off topic, but I'm looking for peoples experiences with buying new trucks from the following...Lithia Chevy, Lithia Dodge, Chrysler Dodge, and Alaska Sales. Mostly the follow through on warranty work. Are any of them as bad as Cals?

Thanks

A
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
alaska sales is great from my experience, same with lithia. Anchorage chrysler is kinda shady and filled with retards IMO. Haven't had to deal with them over warrenty just dealing with their sales staff was rediculous.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
alaska sales is great from my experience, same with lithia. Anchorage chrysler is kinda shady and filled with retards IMO. Haven't had to deal with them over warrenty just dealing with their sales staff was rediculous.
lol, my x is a service writer there(ak Sales),her boyfriend is a mechanic..I wouldnt let him check my oil level...they have a few decent mechanics but most of them suck....

S
Dec 30, 2007
AK
Anc. Lithia dodge!

ANC. Lithia Dodge is the way 2 go! A+. I've purchased from them and have had good experience buying and servicing. My uncle has purchased several trucks from LITHIA. My dad purchased from chevy lithia and seems to be pleased with the experience. Overal he likes the silverado, but knows he should have got a RAM after I got mine!
Anc. chrystler wouldn't match lithia prices when I was buying, even though they said they would beat anybody's price(my @ss). The difference was over $800 apples to apples, or oranges to oranges. I also know somebody that purchased from anc. chrystler and had warranty work "done" but was not completed when he picked up his truck. When he took it back the following week they charged him because it was ONE DAY past warranty!!

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
like you said cals sucks unluss ur name is hiflyr (drew) and your daddy works there you dont get taken care of. i bought my 05 dodge from anchorage chrysler and it has exhaust chip intake and 8 inch lift and ive never had a problem with my warranty. when my tranny took a crap on me they gave me the option and putting in a after market one all i had to do was supply the parts... so i like anch chry ...... lithina is verry good too for another dodge dealer.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
lol, my x is a service writer there(ak Sales),her boyfriend is a mechanic..I wouldnt let him check my oil level...they have a few decent mechanics but most of them suck....

Bad thing is i kind of agree on this one...I work on Duramax trucks all day up here and we got one of Anchorage Sales "ACE" mechanics up here on the Slope....Im NOT impressed....but if you dont mind driving to the valley talk to Rob Whistler At Ak sales there....they are pretty good.

Last edited:
R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
lithia is good in my opinion. when i bought my durango it had electrical problems and they fixed it for free and gave me a rental for free.

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
I have purchased three new Dodge Diesel Trucks from Anchorage Chrysler Dodge. They are easy to deal with and beat Dave Smiths Lower 48 price. All warranty work has been done to satisfaction with no problems.

Jason

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
First off, I am hard on trucks, ok...and cars.
I have bought a couple Duramax's from Sales & Service (Richard Dixon sales manager is retired military). I have had these in for warranty work & they knew I always modify what ever I have. They didn't say much about different chips, intakes, exhaust's I would put on (experimented with several chips & programmers) They did not however like when I put on a 300hp twin shot of NOS (TS Power fool 2)....I wonder why:rolleyes:
Needless to say there are limits to a stock Allison trany... I now have a Suncoast stage 5, with billet converter (rated at unlimited Hp &Tq (we will see:p)

Also, I did have a guy "tell on me" for taking my Z06 Corvette to the track & riding it like it was meant to be....He said he was going to tell the dealer to cancel my warrenty for taking it to the track....Now I cant sleep at night:rolleyes:

Some of the other dealers looked at me (jeans & tshirt) & walked off laughing when I said I wanted to test drive their hot rods....I know I'm not as good looking as DougDanger, who is:D....but man I hate being asked to fill out a credit report before even getting the "privilege to sit in their showroom car"
Richard will hand me the keys to anything I want, and wont even complain when there is some black rubbery stuff in the wheel wells when I come back J/K
Sorry, I guess that was more than my 2 cents....

Apr 11, 2008

Bad thing is i kind of agree on this one...I work on Duramax trucks all day up here and we got one of Anchorage Sales "ACE" mechanics up here on the Slope....Im NOT impressed....but if you dont mind driving to the valley talk to Rob Drumm At Ak sales there....they are pretty good.

LOL i know the service rep at ACD and hes allright but i had a service guy try and charge me 800 dollars for U joints wile it was under warranty and when i questiond him about it he siad that the diff flued is 80 dollers and laber on that isent coverd I droped it off for u joints!!!

Needless to say he dosent work there any more

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
LOL i know the service rep at ACD and hes allright but i had a service guy try and charge me 800 dollars for U joints wile it was under warranty and when i questiond him about it he siad that the diff flued is 80 dollers and laber on that isent coverd I droped it off for u joints!!!

yea took my 01 suburban to ak sales when it was new..the more they worked on it the worse it was ..finally told em fix it or keep it..manager must of thought I was joking...2 weeks later lawyer got a letter from gm..they bought it back for what I paid for it(17 months old)plus paid my lawyer fees......that same manager glares at me everytime he see's me....

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska

They only charged me $50 to change my headlight fluid, and I had a coupon to fill my tires with helium, now it rides like it is only 6000lbs instead of 6500lbs! He said he greased my muffler bearings, but they are still rattling. It must have been the same guy you were talking about;)

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Caleb when I had my silverado SS and blew my motor.... due to my turbo. I had ADB do all the motor work, then i put the motor back in. I fuct something and couldn't figure it out. My truck was still under warranty... but not really because of the obvious. I had it towed to AK sales and service in ANC... they took one look and called me to pick up saying it was too modified. Someone told me AK sales in the valley was more willing to deal with modified ****... so i called and confirmed that and had it towed. They had it running in 1 hr. I thought it was the crank position sensor, but I missed a ground. :mad:

Just my ten cents. Quit worrying about trucks and get your sled back together!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
little i just know who he is , im also an auto tech and used to work with him about 10 years ago.

there both short so they got that going for them lol

well a short story but that woman cost me a business,a home, a marriage and quite a bit more...am sure glad they are togeather now...my life has become enjoyable again....lol:beer;:beer;

Premium Features