• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anchorage Riding

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Well, I am looking forward to riding powder :D I like to think that I am not fearful just wiser now that I am older.. S**** hurts a lot more than it did twenty years ago..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I really hate to say this but that doesn't look that bad.. Maybe it's the picture.. are those rock ledges I see right below the turn at the top?

remember these words..cause when you are sitting at the bottom after going up and back down I want to hear what you have to say.......lol....:beer;:D

B
Nov 26, 2007
hehe. Its a little steeper than that dv. That was after the first pull of the hill. Once you get on the climb up. it steps up a bit. not much 45% max. You should try it on hardpack hero now with no mess up. Good Times. YARD SALE.

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
DV I am a little more reserved than some of the young guys on here (read older) if you want to do a little riding this year I would be glad to show you around.
I must admit that I do like to climb more than the average guy but there are lots of areas to climb and play in powder at the same time.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
DV I am a little more reserved than some of the young guys on here (read older) if you want to do a little riding this year I would be glad to show you around.
I must admit that I do like to climb more than the average guy but there are lots of areas to climb and play in powder at the same time.

hey another old guy..nice to meet ya tc.....I ride with alot of them youngens that havent figured out how bad that stupid stuff hurts..but its always good for a laugh...nice to know theres more of us out there....:beer;:beer;

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
AKsnowrider,
I ran into bottom feeder at hatchers last year, good rider and a good all around guy to ride with. Look forward to meeting a few more riders in the area. I have a group that I ride with and we usually ride anywhere from Cantwell to Lost Lake, but am looking to do a little more good riding closer to home this year, never been up placer but it looks like fun, Grandview etc. We'll have to get together for a couple of rides this year (I thought you guided as well if I am picking up what others are saying in some posts)

Snow on the mountains, won't be long.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Hopefully this year i will be able to meet up with some of you guys too. Whats crazy is I have never been up over turny, i know i know. How lame. BUt hey, every time i get to to turny it is raing or snowing.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
BUt hey, every time i get to to turny it is raing or snowing.

Remember this ride, Nick?! It was fun, but could've been better fo sho! :rolleyes::cool:

Heres on the way to Turny..
DSC00856a.jpg

Looking over across the water at Turny..
DSC00858a.jpg

DSC00860a.jpg

DSC00862a.jpg

DSC00861a.jpg

Couple of those pics make it look better than what it was... lol.

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Ive got a beer, make that two beers, for whoever has the balls to ride down the front face at turny on a round disc sled, haha

are you paying the doc bills too?:D anyone insane enough to try..deserves to lay in a bed for the rest of their life..I can't even guess how fast they would go..might be fun on a 5 ft powder day though......:beer;:beer;

B
Nov 26, 2007
they would go about 75-80mph. we can do it. Just pick a part of the face with no cracks. hmmm 5 ft fresh pow. id take the abs,Snorkel, oh yeah and the bible.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
they would go about 75-80mph. we can do it. Just pick a part of the face with no cracks. hmmm 5 ft fresh pow. id take the abs,Snorkel, oh yeah and the bible.
lol....I'll bring the camera and we will split the money 50/50 from america's funniest videos....:beer;:beer;

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Ive got a beer, make that two beers, for whoever has the balls to ride down the front face at turny on a round disc sled, haha

Holy dang! Id probably bet that you would end up somewhere on the ski side before you would come to a stop! :eek:

Whos gonna go first? :D Would be kinda fun though in the right snow conditions. maybe, lol.

People have slid down Flat Top.. couldnt be any worse than that ! LOL.

Last edited:
Premium Features