• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha H/C on my mind

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Huh, well that doesn't make since? 2.6 is only on 154. So how come that's like that?
The 2.6" is heavier since it is 2.86 pitch instead of 3.5 pitch like the 3" is. That means it has considerably more paddles, and it also has the little finger paddles between the larger ones that the 3" doesn't have.

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
The 2.6" is heavier since it is 2.86 pitch instead of 3.5 pitch like the 3" is. That means it has considerably more paddles, and it also has the little finger paddles between the larger ones that the 3" doesn't have.
on my 2.25"and 2.6" tracks,i cut the little fingers off.hard to say if i noticed much,but maybe a little pepper revs,more consistant R's by the seat of pants feel.i never did weigh the tracks nor the fingers cut off.i should have,i might cut them off my m7 big bore with a 162 2.25".

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
One way to find out if you would like one...get one! Sledding to me is justified by the fact that I won't regret spending the money I can't take with me when its my time.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
on my second 165 Alpha after riding 153 for years, 165 slowed down the reaction of the Alpha just a tiny bit and makes it work better, at least for me, old slow guy, and but I have not slowed down on trails in and out since switching from twin rail to Alpha, put down scratchers and go , no temp issues at all

Reactions: line8

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i dont think theres a night and day difference in the two lengths. so either way if you like the sled the track is on you will be happy. there are differences in the track lengths but there just not giant differences in climbing ability or handling etc.

Reactions: Pinchecharlie

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Well guys…I made a decision . It’s not what I was thinking I was going to do.
I just was not excited about the alpha and I couldn’t find any excitement for it. The snow conditions where I ride are all over the map sometimes and I get out a lot. I even considered swapping the elevate twin rail over. Just seemed dumb to do that to a brand new sled.
I found a 22 Khaos and was very similar in price. And orange! For years I’ve had 1 Cat and 1 Pol. Now…….. we’ll see, but I do have that new sled excitement.
Still have the MC and not sure what I’ll do with that yet. It will probably go to a very lucky buyer. The thing is set up very nice and will definitely be missed.
Now need to decide to sell or keep.
I’m pretty sure I have a Cat for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: jim
Premium Features