• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alaskan Gold

G
Aug 25, 2008
you guys are right there not for everyone but neither are race sleds. We just tried to make a freestyle/freeride helmet that was lighter than 1300 grams. As far as looking like a punk, camo used to be punk rock and now the only people in camo are hicks and guys over forty on mountain sleds which is cool by me. It is a good thing to get youth clothing and youths period into a sport and a lifestyle that I love. AK can set the trends not follow the trends.

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
Dude dont take it personal, were just bustin your balls.

its a cool helmet, give it time and everone might have one? :)

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
If you can do flips, whips, & gaps you can get away with looking like Gomer, which is cool by me. I'm over forty & ride a mountain sled & can't do half of those tricks so I couldn't get away with looking like Pyle, nope, uh uh, I'd be Pyle....... so......maybe that's a good thing.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
I think that from a business and marketing standpoint they are a great idea! Granted they might not suit everyone's tastes but it's something different. Other than Klim, who can you name that has come up with something new in regard to the arena of protective headwear design?

The helmet is probably targeted toward the "Generation Y" crowd. They are a tremendous buying force and there is a lot of money to be made. With the addition of sledding to the X games, freestyle sledding is about to explode. Look how much cash the "Metal Mullisha" boys have made off of freestyle moto-x, attitude, and good marketing. I think that Turnagain Hartdcore could have the same potential!

Let the AK boys share in some of the wealth and the fame instead of "golden boy goodie - goodie Levi!

Buy the way, I'm sick of hearing about Levi! ESPN was riding his sack throughout the whole games. He could have ghost rided his sled off that ramp and got more press and credit than anyone else! Kudos to Dane, Corey, Blaze, Thacker, and the AK crew, way to represent!

T
Nov 21, 2007
Wasilla Alaska
If you can do flips, whips, & gaps you can get away with looking like Gomer, which is cool by me. I'm over forty & ride a mountain sled & can't do half of those tricks so I couldn't get away with looking like Pyle, nope, uh uh, I'd be Pyle....... so......maybe that's a good thing.

haha . I can relate :D

R
Dec 26, 2008
you guys are right there not for everyone but neither are race sleds. We just tried to make a freestyle/freeride helmet that was lighter than 1300 grams. As far as looking like a punk, camo used to be punk rock and now the only people in camo are hicks and guys over forty on mountain sleds which is cool by me. It is a good thing to get youth clothing and youths period into a sport and a lifestyle that I love. AK can set the trends not follow the trends.
the helmet is sick as f*ck. nice to see something new come out, are they available anywhere local in AK? I'd like to check one out in person.

A
Dec 11, 2007
Just to let you know SNELL M2010 helemts will start selling Oct. 1st.

This is a new SNELL rating that complies with all other race ratings.
May want to wait to see what helmets are newly released in Oct.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/newsandupdates/122_0909_snell_m2010_helmet/index.html

Side note..... Just to let everyone know there has been some extensive tests done to prove that some polycarbonate shell helmets actually perform as well if not better than the carbon or kevlar shelled helmets, as the poly shell actually absorbs some of the impact and the carbon/kevlar just transfers some of the energy to the inner shell. Remember any portion of the helmet that slows the transfer of energy to the brain is good.

Just some info, hope this helps....

Premium Features