• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alaskan Gold

D
Dec 4, 2007
haha definitely represented, with the bomber hat and missing tooth and all. Pretty cool yamaha picked him up half an hour before the comp and he was able to pull off the twist off like that

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Where did those guys get those flat visor helmets...they look goofy, but different. Ive never seen them before.

Go Dane...a true alaskan redneck with some good skills.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
haha definitely represented, with the bomber hat and missing tooth and all. Pretty cool yamaha picked him up half an hour before the comp and he was able to pull off the twist off like that

especially on a heavier sled he had never been on..would really be hard to jump on and go rip it and win....props to DANE...:beer;

D
Dec 4, 2007
There is someone in anchorage custom welding the helmets and will give you a custom paint job as well.

But I believe the announcers were saying jimmy actually made a company that makes those helmets..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
There is someone in anchorage custom welding the helmets and will give you a custom paint job as well.

But I believe the announcers were saying jimmy actually made a company that makes those helmets..

please tell me that those arnt going to become a fad....I mean was kind of cool..especially with christoffs name on there but I would rather not see them all over the hills....

F
Oct 9, 2008
They're a new brand of helmets Giles, Jimmy, and Sebastian created, selling nationwide. I was told they're like the second or third lightest helmet on the market. I think it's pretty cool, a company that is completely owned by Alaskans.

http://promodelhelmets.com/

R
Nov 27, 2008
Yeah I tend to agree they do look a little on the mouth breather side. Maybe they can make them adjustable so you can twist it to the side and look like an even bigger tool bag.

F
Oct 9, 2008
just a heads up they're legit helmets, not billy bobbed together, DOT and snell approved, kevlar reinforced. I understand not everybody is going to like them, but hey that's totally fine. I know there was a lot of effort into making sure that they were a solid helmet and would protect the rider.

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
Maybe they can cut the back out too, that way I can wear it back-wards.

Don't get me wrong, its cool that they have tried to cater to the young guys, but thats all it is.

I will stick to conventionality and reliability.

This is just another $200 fashion statement. No thanks.

But on a high note, its GREAT they are Snell approved. I have had the wrong side of my sled on my head before, so its nice to know that at LEAST the helmet will protect the rider.

to each their own, good luck.

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
I kind of like how unique it is. Dont get me wrong...youll never catch me in one though. I wonder how long till you can rotate the visor to get that personalized look :) Personally, I think it just gives another way to be different. Not such a bad thing.

AKSummit, try $350 fasion statement....heck, I paid less than that for my Klim helmet.

Reactions: LiveAlaska

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Double for a shovel

I kind of like how unique it is. Dont get me wrong...youll never catch me in one though. I wonder how long till you can rotate the visor to get that personalized look :) Personally, I think it just gives another way to be different. Not such a bad thing.

AKSummit, try $350 fasion statement....heck, I paid less than that for my Klim helmet.

Thinkin you could leave your shovel at home:eek:

Premium Features