• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alaska State Trooper - Power Trip - Crazy vid

WOW,unfriggin believable.Looks like that trooper needs a permanant holiday.As I drive for a living I have two video cams running all day,he would hate too run into me,wow

Trav do you know if they filed a complaint against the trooper? they should have, and I would fight all the tickets in court...

Trav do you know if they filed a complaint against the trooper? they should have, and I would fight all the tickets in court...

I'd say with that video all charges should be dropped.It even showed he was not following anyone,let alone too close...wow

I'd say with that video all charges should be dropped.It even showed he was not following anyone,let alone too close...wow

I think that officer needs some serious reprimands...even early retirement..(and I dont have anything against cops since my brother did 27 yrs for APD)

The guy who filmed this set up a meeting with the AST a few days after the incident. At the meeting the troopers left because the guys tried to record the meeting.

The guys who filmed it don't really know what to do with the film. They did provide current proof of insurance and get that dropped - and have a date in court set up to fight the other charges.

Last edited:
The guy who filmed this set up a meeting with the AST a few days after the incident. At the meeting the troopers left because the guys tried to record the meeting.

The guys who filmed it don't really know what to do with the film. They did provide current proof of insurance and get that dropped - and have a date in court set up to fight the other charges.

Trav, tell them to show it to the omnibudsman..he should be able to help them..I would also get an unedited copy to all the new peeps as well...

Trav, tell them to show it to the omnibudsman..he should be able to help them..I would also get an unedited copy to all the new peeps as well...

Initially I sent the guy on youtube a message about the other video with cussing and what not making him look bad, so i dunno what he did with the vid. I hit him back and will post what i find out.

Heres a reply I got from the DPS commissioner.

"Thank you for sharing this with us. We do already know of this and have taken appropriate corrective action. Conduct of state employees is taken seriously and I appreciate you taking the time to make sure I was aware of this.

Sincerely,
J Masters
DPS Commissioner "

I was surprised to recieve an answer so soon from him.

Heres a reply I got from the DPS commissioner.

"Thank you for sharing this with us. We do already know of this and have taken appropriate corrective action. Conduct of state employees is taken seriously and I appreciate you taking the time to make sure I was aware of this.

Sincerely,
J Masters
DPS Commissioner "

I was surprised to recieve an answer so soon from him.

tc, thanks for the info, I wonder if all they did was slap him on the wrist?

He said they were taking it seriously, he probably got a real stern look also. :doh:

lol..my brother did 27 yrs for APD..so i know alot of cops..most are great peeps..some are dicks.....for alot of yrs when I first started driving, there was a c-note for the cop that gave me a ticket..(thanks bro)....so I have always been pretty straight up driving around town...did have a run in with one, one time, he was gonna bust out my daylighters on my truck(uncovered but not on)I told him go ahead, when you break the first one I will park this truck on the roof of your cruiser(1 ton truck, big block and 44 boggers)I told him to call a supervisor..ended up surrounded by cops but in the end I got an apology and got back on the road...so yeah I do understand cops have a nasty job..but sometimes they push their power as well..hopefully everyone involved learned a lesson in this one...

Honestly- I didn't see the video in the same light as everyone else did.

One, these guys chose to get a ticket. They passed a Trooper on purpose on a public roadway where presumably the Trooper was already doing the speed limit, resulting in getting pulled over for speeding. Not a shocker. And being as how they made a point to video the vehicle and the driver, they weren't unaware that he was a cop. All State Trooper vehicles in Alaska have a license plate starting with "AST". Not really unmarked, if you're paying attention.

Then they stuck a camera in his face and proceeded to treat him completely disrespectfully. To expect anything other than to have the book thrown at them was idiotic. I don't see how the video proves they didn't do anything they were ticketed for, as it's not videotaping who they are following or what their speed was, the sole purpose of the video was for a couple of punks to be disrespectful to a police officer and then post it on YouTube.

I don't think the cop was brutal or out of line. I think the kids were. Not surprisingly these are Gen Y kids- a complete failure of a generation, if you ask me. No respect, no discipline, and complete punks.

Honestly- I didn't see the video in the same light as everyone else did.

One, these guys chose to get a ticket. They passed a Trooper on purpose on a public roadway where presumably the Trooper was already doing the speed limit, resulting in getting pulled over for speeding. Not a shocker. And being as how they made a point to video the vehicle and the driver, they weren't unaware that he was a cop. All State Trooper vehicles in Alaska have a license plate starting with "AST". Not really unmarked, if you're paying attention.

Then they stuck a camera in his face and proceeded to treat him completely disrespectfully. To expect anything other than to have the book thrown at them was idiotic. I don't see how the video proves they didn't do anything they were ticketed for, as it's not videotaping who they are following or what their speed was, the sole purpose of the video was for a couple of punks to be disrespectful to a police officer and then post it on YouTube.

I don't think the cop was brutal or out of line. I think the kids were. Not surprisingly these are Gen Y kids- a complete failure of a generation, if you ask me. No respect, no discipline, and complete punks.

I believe there is a lot more to this video than you realize. See the other thread on BCR. I think you are wrong on several things here. First of the speeding, At the end of the video a speeding ticket was not mentioned. The trooper would have thrown the book and given any ticket he could to them yet they didnt mention it. Could be wrong but I doubt they were speeding and no one speeds around a cop. It seems like the ones that I see are on the road are either cruising at 70 or just under the limit. I have passed them before with the cruise set just at 65, no big deal. The kids knew he was a cop when they passed him, from the rest of the video that isnt shown. Second, if the look at the video, the phone is practically in his lap, looking up at the window. Third they were pulled over for following too closely which if you see the first part of the video they are well behind the car in front of them. I dont disagree that the disrespectfullness of the kids was way out of line and innapropriate, but for an officer to reach into your car and grab your phone out of your hand without a word is also disrespectful and innapropriate and way out of line.

Two young guys in a newer Vette,maybe disrespectful too him but.... he should be charged with attempted theft.
Big time power trip on that officers behalf if you ask me.
Around here he would be looking for a new job.

Last edited:
I believe there is a lot more to this video than you realize. See the other thread on BCR. I think you are wrong on several things here. First of the speeding, At the end of the video a speeding ticket was not mentioned. The trooper would have thrown the book and given any ticket he could to them yet they didnt mention it. Could be wrong but I doubt they were speeding and no one speeds around a cop. It seems like the ones that I see are on the road are either cruising at 70 or just under the limit. I have passed them before with the cruise set just at 65, no big deal. The kids knew he was a cop when they passed him, from the rest of the video that isnt shown. Second, if the look at the video, the phone is practically in his lap, looking up at the window. Third they were pulled over for following too closely which if you see the first part of the video they are well behind the car in front of them. I dont disagree that the disrespectfullness of the kids was way out of line and innapropriate, but for an officer to reach into your car and grab your phone out of your hand without a word is also disrespectful and innapropriate and way out of line.

I'll check out bcr but the phone/cam wasn't in his lap at the point the cop grabbed it. The passenger was holding it- the only possible way for the cop to have gotten ahold of it was for the kid to be pointing it at him and holding it out by the driver.

I think the kids here instigated it. Should the cop have had more restraint? Yeah, probably. At the same token, they were asking for the tickets to get their 10 minutes of fame on YouTube. They swore repeatedly at the officer, failed to follow his directions, etc.

I think the kids were a lot more in the wrong than that cop was. Maybe I'll change my mind after viewing more at bcr but from what I can tell here, that's my take on this.

......The passenger was holding it- the only possible way for the cop to have gotten ahold of it was for the kid to be pointing it at him and holding it out by the driver.

I'm not sure you watched the same video as I posted, the Trooper approached the vehicle on the passenger side... the passenger had the phone, its not like any words were exchanged before Trooper Adams went for the phone.... Trooper Adams saw the 'kid' video taping, didn't like it, pulled him over, and tried unsuccessfully to bully him. I'm not sure where the confusion came from here - the audio/video are perfectly clear!?!? - Not trying to be a jerk, but hopefully you see my point.

And for the record, i don't think those guys "instigated" anything.

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, i posted this video on a couple different forums. From one of the other websites, someone posted this in the thread i created. Definitely worth reading if you have 5 minutes to spare.

WTF! They record with their dash cams and have audio but it's illegal for us to do the same. Seriously, WTF?

Premium Features

Back