• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AEM Boost gauge readings versus boony box?

MR MOOSE

Lifetime Membership
So I put an AEM electronic boost gauge on my M8 to see where my numbers are at since it's really hard to watch the boony box and checking the recall just gives max boost not average boost. Problem is it seems like quite a variation between the two? My boony box on recall shows around 14.5 max consistently but when I'm climbing and watching the AEM gauge I'm only seeing around the high 10's low 11's mark? Seems like quite a variance. Is this normal or does something seem up? I'm running C12 and haven't hit the det sensor yet. I would love to turn the boost up if I'm able but at the same time I'm wanting to make an educated decision. I put the sensor for the AEM boost gauge in one of the two ports on the clutch side bottom of the intercooler, is this the appropriate place for that?
Thanks in advance for any "good" input/advice!

Moose

Remember, the Boondocker is capturing MAX boost. You will always have spikes, and when you do, the box is seeing those. This is pretty normal.

So does that mean I should tune according to my boost gauge then? If so then I'm leaving ALOT on the table here running 3-4lbs below where I want to be! Not exactly bad news lol.

Premium Features

Back