• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjustable Clutch weights on an 09 800...looking for advice.

I'm interested in switching out my stock Polaris weights for a set of Dalton adjustable weights as I ride the prairies and make a few trips out to the mountains each year.

I want a weight that works well for boondocking and powder riding and is easy to tune/change for elevation without prying the clutch apart to change the setup.

Has anyone used the Daltons? If so, do they work well vs. the stock Polaris weights. ( I'm running a stock clutch setup on an '09 Assault)

It seems that the AC guys use the adjustable Cutler weights with success, but, I don't want to assume that what works for them should work on a Polaris.

Thanks in advance....:)

Got my weights yesterday and thought I'd take a few pics before they got installed. There are 6 set screws for each weight. Predetermined combinations of those screws provide users with the correct weight required.
I'll post the chart for those combinations in a PDF later this afternoon.

Daltons - 640 x 480.jpg

I've always used heelclicker with great success on my polaris's but the past two winters have tried the supertips on my yammi, they are a nice weight but they have no predetermined combos. I think I'll be goin heelclicker on my Assault

The predetermined combinations are only suggestions. Each of the 6 set screws has an associated weight and you can combine them any way you want.

They look like a great idea but they appear to lack adjustment in the center of the weight where you need it most.

Ron, weren't you making some nice weights for these sleds last winter?? :beer;

I'm a big fan of adjustable weights. Now that I've said that.........
At Haydays I learned exactly who has patents and who has been ripping off ideas from everyone else. The nerve of some people who blame someone else for copying their idea when they themselves stole the idea from another. I can't believe the lowlife stuff that goes on in this industry. :mad: Patents are worthless it would seem as all they do is rack up huge dollars in legal fees.
Sorry for the rant everyone.
Without badmouthing half the industry. Your next adjustable weight should be purchased from http://www.thunderproducts.com/
Cheers,
winter is almost here! :beer;

Thx for the heads up on the Heavy Hitters. They look pretty nice. Good customer references as well. I'll test the Daltons and see how they work....might be worth buying a set of those Heavy Hitters for comparison.

Premium Features

Back