• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

99 Grand touring rotax 583 Q

G

Gold5th

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Soo I ride Polaris' currently, just cause that's what i found at good price, I'm not a brand junkie... I have a thread elsewhere about possibly getting rid of one of my Polaris sleds because, well it's piped so it's too noisey for the wife and I.. and it's too much sled for her, but not enough for me anymore...

Sooo I found a 99 Grand Touring for sale 2 up, mirrors, 583 Rotax(or so the stickers say) for a reasonable price.. they want to sell a 96 Grand touring 500 as well with it.. but I dunno

Soo I want to know the deal with the 583.. decent sled? I want reviews, details... the sled would primarily be used for her to learn on and for me to take the neighbours kids out on.. I used my RMK for that when they were smaller... I took one on my ProX once.. but 110mph(in controlled environment) was fun for her.. but pushing it... The ProX she found "unstable"(but I love it), and the throttle response and the ease of the throttle caused her to crash it twice on her first ride ;P minor crashes, no damage to the sled, and she only bruised her hand. She kinda liked the RMK, except for it being to loud, throttle response wasn't as much(it's geared down), and the trottle was stiff so she actuall had to want to push it...

Or even if you know any other sleds(Ski-doo or not) I should keep my eye out for that would be great.. i'm thinking something in the 97-2001 year range 450-600cc.. top out at 65-70mph.. have plenty of oomph for going up some hills(not mountains.. maybe foothills someday) but not enough that if you accidentally pinned the throttle you'd kill yourself.

Thanks

G

Gold5th

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
So no comments about the '99 583 Rotax? The guy also has a '96 500 Rotax, grand touring as well... would that be a better sled? I just like on the '99 583 it has better handles on the rear seat...

Premium Features