• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

99 670 summitx track growl

My buddies got a 1999 670 and when he takes off the sled sounds like its got a growl. sounds like it is comming from the track it only does it when under power. we checked track tension and his belt changed belts still did it. when we got it home we let it melt all the ice off the thing and he rode it in the little (1"-2") ammount of snow we had and it still did it. if anybody has any ideas please help the only thing we haven,t checked is the bearings in the drive shaft.,

thanks in advance

I was going to suggest checking for ice but you did that as well as checking the wheel bearings. I assume alignment is ok.

Next I would check the hyfax. An extremely worn hifax will cause the idler wheels on the front of the skidframe to press that much harder into the track and thus "roll" over each track lug more as the track turns. Maybe more pronounced under power because the track is looser under the skid then?

Lastly - or maybe firstly - check the clutch side drive shaft bearing as you mentioned. Maybe it is worn out. Don't ask me how to check it though - maybe someone else will have an easy way other than removing the whole shaft. If the sled doesn't have many miles and the bearing has been kept greased, you know, maybe it is ok.

Jim

Sounds like the drivers are slipping---check the front shock on the rear suspension---If it is worn out it will allow the suspension to jump and make it slip.

A common problem with these sleds.

H20SKE...

Premium Features

Back