• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 warranty?

I think that all of the 2019s came with a 4 year warranty.

Is that just a snow check thing?
Did the years after that come with extended warranty?
If i was shopping for a used 850 would 2019 be the way to go because of the warranty?

- 2019 SC's got the 4 year warranty. Only exception -if a dealer wound up with a SC sled the original SC'er backed out of, by the book it would have revert to a 1 year warranty. So there is the ODD one of those lurking around. Some of the early 850's blew up on the first ride, and on those the odd unit wound up with a promo 5 year warranty.
- 2020 = same deal
- 2021 = 4 year OR 2 year warranty (with a finance or PGA offer with the 2 yr were both available.
- 2022 = NA sleds = 4 year OR 2 year warranty with a PGA offer. Boost = 2yr warranty

- 2019 SC's got the 4 year warranty. Only exception -if a dealer wound up with a SC sled the original SC'er backed out of, by the book it would have revert to a 1 year warranty. So there is the ODD one of those lurking around. Some of the early 850's blew up on the first ride, and on those the odd unit wound up with a promo 5 year warranty.
- 2020 = same deal
- 2021 = 4 year OR 2 year warranty (with a finance or PGA offer with the 2 yr were both available.
- 2022 = NA sleds = 4 year OR 2 year warranty with a PGA offer. Boost = 2yr warranty
So of i walked in to the dealership and bought new now id get one year with the option to buy a second year?
But i could buy someone's 21 snow check and if they bought 4 years I could carry on with 3 years worth.

Right now:
- New NON-SC 2021's (or 2021 demos that haven't been warranty reg'd)....and also 2022 non-SC units get a 2 year factory warranty, and you can purchase extended if you wish of course. That's the deal on mountain models in Canada at least.

So of i walked in to the dealership and bought new now id get one year with the option to buy a second year?
But i could buy someone's 21 snow check and if they bought 4 years I could carry on with 3 years worth.
I just bought a 2021 snowcheck from a dealer who had it on consignment from trade-in.

ORIGINAL PURCHASE:
November 18, 2020
MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY
Valid through: November 19, 2021
EXTENDED WARRANTY
Valid through: November 19, 2024

Manufacturer's warranty is good for all repairs authorized by factory/dealer no other stipulations.

Extended warranty is the the same warranty, except $50 per visit. So if you blow a motor that is covered by warranty during extended warranty, the new motor, parts, labor, shop supplies, is $50.

All the same rules apply, repairs needed reported by dealer, whether or not authorized by factory, for example track warranty's are rare to get through. DAMAGE is not covered, workmanship is. Aka if you drop the sled off a cliff and the chassis and/or engine break in half, warranty isn't covering repairs.

The warranty transfer fee (added to vehicle cost in purchase receipt) is usually $25-40 and you WILL have a paper copy of the transfer printed, and in your hands when you leave.

warranties are great if you don't have to wait for 3 to 4 weeks to get the repair done in a short season.

Also have to factor in that the warranty times out with claims. Once you have enough claims that Polaris deems is worth more than the sled, no more warranty. My bud ran into that a few times with that, with multiple failed engines.
Thats a little bogus.
Must be somewhere in the fine print

His friend is either very hard on things or has very bad luck - or both. I have had contact with hundreds and hundreds of Polaris’s (ATV, sxs, sled) and have never had anyone bump into that limit. But he is correct, it does exist…it’s actually the same for most/all major vehicle manufacturers; but just doesn’t come up that often.

Thats a little bogus.
Must be somewhere in the fine print
It's specifically detailed in the extended warranty contract, anything past 12 month OEM warranty. Always has been for extended warranty. Contract provider has the right to stop fixing once the cumulative value of warranty delivered exceeds value of the sled.

How do you transfer a warranty?
I just picked up a 2020 RMK 850 and based on the VIN the warranty is good till 10/2023. I call the dealer that the PO purchased the sled from to transfer the warranty and the dealer said I didnt need to do anything as the warranty was tied to the VIN.

Premium Features

Back