• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 VES polaris cylinder differences?

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Have a friend with an '02 800 RMK that has cylinders with a #3021202 cast on them. He is having trouble keeping the base gasket from squirting out and I am wondering if there is a difference between cylinders, cylinder base gaskets, or ?? Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the '02-'03/'05 cylinders? Thanks for any help.

the only diffference is the 03 and newer have decompression ports, try getting the base gaskets for a 03 or newer they are metal.

Reactions: Jay
the only diffference is the 03 and newer have decompression ports, try getting the base gaskets for a 03 or newer they are metal.

Yes the metals ones won't squirt out, But if its squirting out the paper ones something is wrong either the case has a low spot or the cylinder has a blemish.

if you have twin pipes you might have to build a center piece to attach the two flanges together so the cylinders don't flex.

If you have a y-pipe and its throwing gaskets then something is wrong.

Have a friend with an '02 800 RMK that has cylinders with a #3021202 cast on them. He is having trouble keeping the base gasket from squirting out and I am wondering if there is a difference between cylinders, cylinder base gaskets, or ?? Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the '02-'03/'05 cylinders? Thanks for any help.

He is putting the gaskets on dry?, no permatex?

Gaskets

Yes the metals ones won't squirt out, But if its squirting out the paper ones something is wrong either the case has a low spot or the cylinder has a blemish.

if you have twin pipes you might have to build a center piece to attach the two flanges together so the cylinders don't flex.

If you have a y-pipe and its throwing gaskets then something is wrong.

I'd agree that there is no reason it should be spitting out the gasket unless there is something else going on. I do have to ask though: Is the gasket a factory one or one of those aftermarket ones? Sometimes the aftermarket ones aren't made very well.

Premium Features

Back