• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Recall question???

Cylinders replaced only if damaged was my understanding, I'm assuming the 2 ring reference you mean pistons.

You are correct, I was thinking pistons. Mine is getting the work done as I type and I'm also having them replace the fuel filter. I highly doubt my cylinders are damaged because I had the 09 update done last winter and there was nothing wrong at that time.

Mine goes in the 26th of Oct. Then it will be a waiting game for snow to see if it's any different.

After talking with the service manager, it appears that all the 09 800's are doing the same thing that is causing it to run rich. Plugs black, lots of wash, etc. etc. So we'll see what happens.....:cool:

They did a before and after dyno test (one part @ a time) at DYNOTECH on Monday. The piston to wall clearance was an un-friggin-believable .016" on a 2009 800 with only 1000 miles on it, talk about slop!:mad:

After they dynoed the "tired motor," with only 1000 miles on it, the re-renged it, new pistons, dynoed, then head, then PC III, SLP pipe, etc,.:face-icon-small-hap

Well since last years (09) was in the mid 140's now after the "latest updates" it showed a bit over 150... so I'd say about 5hp over the single ring version. Dynotech has a whole write up on this test with lots of info... Bottom line is with high air temps they tested at, it's hard to tell what the real hp numbers will be when the temps are lower.

I asked my dealer this question, he told me to go ahead and just ride it, he said Polaris will put a deadline on the update so it will have to be done by then, but until then or if the updated sleds run better just go ahead and ride it the way it is

I am putting the up date in both mine. I recomend doing the same you will not be disapointed. The sled will run even better than it does now. Road with the up date this last spring, With a dealer ofcouse. The diffrence was very noticeable.

Premium Features

Back