• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

7' wide trailer with newer (narrow) sleds

Did you have to pull Ski's on any or were you able to just alternate them and wedge them in there?

I'd love to see a picture if anybody has one to see people's different ways of loading that many sleds.

We blocked up the rear and drove underneath the one in front of you.

The 7x27 Legend looks like an Explorer - likely leaf axles, pretty easy to raise. Ride height does look nice. Stock they get slammed down for both stability and low door height.

Have cordless Milwaukee ratchet so life is easy but pull one ski on front sled lift rears and tuck under staggered and just turn last sled around and flip skis so can tie down 5-155 axys/pro's in 7x27 not as hard as sounds I do it by my self. Could do 2-163 and 3 155 I'm thinking but haven't tried

I can't even imagine having a narrow trailer.
We use all of the 8.5ft every time we load up.
5 Long Track mountain sleds in a 28ft trailer.
Its SNUG.
And next year I think i will go back to the 30ft trailer once again.

cd02e530141fb6146abd18a30abd6ebd.jpg

I have more room than that in my in-line with 4 sled. I don't choose to carry 5. I believe 5 would be really tight in there. If never loaded a inline I think you would be surprised. Because of how they are staggered you have a little more floor space here and there.

You guys suck! Haha

All of the talk on here had me questioning myself so I emailed the guy and bumped the trailer up from an 18' box to a 20'. Hopefully he can still change it.

Well, the other obvious story is, just because you can jam more sleds doesn't mean you should - as in axle and tire overload. Always good to scale empty, and fully loaded, at least once, so you're not guessing. Less of a deal if you're hauling local, but the long trips, a frost heave, pot hole, and bang. It's like the guys hauling 2 or 3k pounds of firewood in a pickup. Just a matter of time.

Well, the other obvious story is, just because you can jam more sleds doesn't mean you should - as in axle and tire overload. Always good to scale empty, and fully loaded, at least once, so you're not guessing. Less of a deal if you're hauling local, but the long trips, a frost heave, pot hole, and bang. It's like the guys hauling 2 or 3k pounds of firewood in a pickup. Just a matter of time.

I can't imagine a scenario where this would apply with sleds. They're so light compared to the space they take up.

The ATC I'm getting has 3500lb axles and weights 2500 lbs. that's 4500 lbs of payload not accounting for tongue weight. Unless we figure a way to cram 9 in there it'll be good to go :)

Even my 30' loaded with 6 sleds, gear, and tools is only 10,000 lbs. and most companies put at least 6k axles on trailers that big.

I can't imagine a scenario where this would apply with sleds. They're so light compared to the space they take up.

The ATC I'm getting has 3500lb axles and weights 2500 lbs. that's 4500 lbs of payload not accounting for tongue weight. Unless we figure a way to cram 9 in there it'll be good to go :)

Even my 30' loaded with 6 sleds, gear, and tools is only 10,000 lbs. and most companies put at least 6k axles on trailers that big.

I agree, with sleds its tough to overload a trailer. Our 7x25 fully loaded with 4 sleds and gear was only at about half the trailer rated payload when we hit the scale with it. But for the guys using them as ATV / SxS haulers that might be more of an issue.

I can't even imagine having a narrow trailer.
We use all of the 8.5ft every time we load up.
5 Long Track mountain sleds in a 28ft trailer.
Its SNUG.
And next year I think i will go back to the 30ft trailer once again.

cd02e530141fb6146abd18a30abd6ebd.jpg

What did you do on your floor for protection looks like some sort of bed liner

Good insight, and you know what you're doing. Lots of guys don't, haul fuel drums, have steel framed trailers, run torsion axles over a rock or curb or hole when loaded heavy, cheap tires, etc., and wonder why they go boom.

Premium Features

Back