• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3013 PC water to air twin build

K

Klimbing Kitty

PIcked up 2 new sleds of the barge the other day......... and it started to snow .....it was a good sign.

My brother and I are building 2 2013 PC Stage 3 OVS sleds with the help of my great buddy KSR. They will have a few other goodies and thought I would share some pics of the build so far.

DSC_0732.jpg

DSC_0738.jpg

DSC_0750.jpg

DSC_0762.jpg

DSC_0768.jpg

DSC_0736.jpg

DSC_0749.jpg

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0744.jpg

Looks great! Any pics of the tunnel cooler?

Are you addressing the 13w chain, TCL, or additional motor mounts for that little fella?

3013 woooh 1000 years in to the future technology!:face-icon-small-sho

What are the specs on the turbo?

What fuel controller?

Last edited:
Looks great! Any pics of the tunnel cooler?

Are you addressing the 13w chain, TCL, or additional motor mounts for that little fella?

The tunnel cooler is the take out of a 2009-10 sled. When i have a bit more cash I will go to a belt drive and the TCL appears to be thicker but will still use a Whiterad fix and will be shimming the primary as well and a few other trix. I had a 2012 PC and it was a belt eater..... will not be risking it this year. Not sure about additional mounts as my other rg turbo never required them.

kk

3013 woooh 1000 years in to the future technology!:face-icon-small-sho

What are the specs on the turbo?

What fuel controller?

Sorry about the Typo:face-icon-small-hap

*Comp oil-less 28series turbocharger
*Billet compressor wheel
* Stainless steel Tial housing
* 38mm external Tial waste gate

At the moment I will be using a pl box but pretty interested in the Boost it Box. Will have to see how the season goes.

kk

Sorry about the Typo:face-icon-small-hap

*Comp oil-less 28series turbocharger
*Billet compressor wheel
* Stainless steel Tial housing
* 38mm external Tial waste gate

At the moment I will be using a pl box but pretty interested in the Boost it Box. Will have to see how the season goes.

kk

you just copied and pasted from there site :face-icon-small-ton

wondering if you know the hot/cold side ar?

and the mm of the compressor wheel?

standard 28 series garrett hot side .86 AR turbine housing, Billet 47/60 comp compressor section 47 mm inducer and 60 exducer.

I could be wrong but i believe the comp turbo which is the 28 series garrett equivalent is

Turbine wheel Turbine housing
47 .64 / .86

Last edited:
I could be wrong but i believe the comp turbo which is the 28 series garrett equivalent is

Turbine wheel Turbine housing
47 .64 / .86

The turbine side is a comp 28 series with a .86 A/R Tial turbine housing. Comp does the turbine wheel, center section (oiless) and the billet compressor wheel with their matching compressor housing.

Last edited:
The Comp Turbo that OVS uses is NOT a standard Garrett 28 series turbine wheel. It does not even have the same amount of turbine blades. Comp Builds alot more than just the center section and Comp's compressor wheel moves alot more air than a Garrett when it is flow tested. This turbo has been in testing for a year by OVS. Dont be fooled that you can just copy a Garrett turbo to a Comp because they are to totally different animals.

looks good! I'm running the same inter-cooler on my sled, I wonder why they have not gone to a water to air inter-cooled airbox instead of a charge tube plus inter-cooler??

Premium Features

Back