• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

21 Khaos ???

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Gotta hunch there'd be a patent battle, and, OEM orders for any twin rails supplied by IA to AC would be put in jeopardy. Maybe poo will join the single rail war next year after the attorneys give the all clear - AC has proven there's merit, and the lack of snow carried in the skid can't be denied. The concept is compelling, needs more refinement, and a track.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Thinking about doing this on a budget for my 19 pro, maybe upgrade shocks. Anyone have a 163x2.6 off a 19-20 they want to sell?

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
Im not in the market for a SBA. But if i was id be pussed if the new model was 20 pounds heavier.
My 19 rmk is almost as lightened up as possible and every time i hop on my 20 rmk i cant wait to get off of it. I cant imagine riding a sba and buying a new one 20 lbs heavier.

Dammit. This was suposed to be in the matrix thread. I do this on my phone and im all thumbs

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Don't know why ANYONE would ruin a GREAT Axys sled by putting a mono rail on it.
I would because I bet it's awesome. I love the Polaris and i love the alpha. The alpha is the funnest sled out there but cat has a huge list of undesirables imo. This remedies that. Maybe not for you or not willing to try but i would take it any day of week over my alpha.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Choices choices. I really wanted a kaos but can’t stand the colors and graphics so I’m ordering the 3.5” pitch 155 RMK PRO. I’m keeping my 2020 850 163”2.6 in a 155 tunnel I’m thinking I’ll convert that sled to a kaos with the rails and shocks. The only thing that make me hesitate is the two sleds might be real similar where if I convert the new sled to a 155 kaos that would be a wheelie/spring snow conditions sled. I also have an axys stage 4 800 with the epic 2.8 track in the 155 tunnel but I don’t think it makes since to turn that into a kaos even though it’s been hands down the most consistent running most reliable sled I’ve ever owned. Any thoughts on what to do?

danby

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
mackenzie b.c canada
I find a lot of people are not playing with the suspension on the khaos, I am a heavy guy at 250lbs before gear and have no problem keeping the ski's down on my khaos 850. Adjusting the slow speed compression (black knob) on the velocity shocks makes it a completely different sled. I can go from riding on the back foot of the track to the ski's only being 4"-6" off the snow with only changing the slow speed compression.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I find a lot of people are not playing with the suspension on the khaos, I am a heavy guy at 250lbs before gear and have no problem keeping the ski's down on my khaos 850. Adjusting the slow speed compression (black knob) on the velocity shocks makes it a completely different sled. I can go from riding on the back foot of the track to the ski's only being 4"-6" off the snow with only changing the slow speed compression.

So you are running the stock rear track shock spring???

I would be curious what you have front and rear suspension settings at, and what you're getting for performance or feel.

danby

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
mackenzie b.c canada
So you are running the stock rear track shock spring???

I would be curious what you have front and rear suspension settings at, and what you're getting for performance or feel.
I am not running the stock rear track spring, I have it changed out for a stock rmk #210 spring. With the #180 spring I found I had to crank it up to much and it lost its playfulness. I have the set up from the stock spring at home I will check tonight and get back to you. I have the front track spring at factory spring length, hi-speed compression at 3 from fully seated and low compression set to 5 from fully seated. Front shocks are stock spring length both setting at 3 from fully seated. The rear shock is 3 from fully seated on the hi-speed and I run the low speed anywhere from all the way out to fully seated depending on snow conditions and area I'm riding. The low speed on the rear shock is the only thing I change now to change how the sled reacts and rides.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I am not running the stock rear track spring, I have it changed out for a stock rmk #210 spring. With the #180 spring I found I had to crank it up to much and it lost its playfulness. I have the set up from the stock spring at home I will check tonight and get back to you. I have the front track spring at factory spring length, hi-speed compression at 3 from fully seated and low compression set to 5 from fully seated. Front shocks are stock spring length both setting at 3 from fully seated. The rear shock is 3 from fully seated on the hi-speed and I run the low speed anywhere from all the way out to fully seated depending on snow conditions and area I'm riding. The low speed on the rear shock is the only thing I change now to change how the sled reacts and rides.

I’m setup the same.
Spring and clickers.

Works great at 5# boost. (2016 800 pro 162 3PC with khaos shocks)

Premium Features